Topic: Bug: Background Missing (Safari & Chrome)?

All of my albums have a background image with a simple texture, but more importantly with a Disclaimer at the bottom.
When displayed in Firefox it works fine - but in Safari and Chrome the background is missing?

Warm regards,
Chris Sgaraglino

Re: Bug: Background Missing (Safari & Chrome)?

If you have made any changes to your gallery recently, try clearing your browsers' caches to ensure that your browsers are fetching and using the most recent versions of your gallery files.

Also, please make sure that you are using the most recent version of SimpleViewer (v2.3.2) to ensure that any bugs which were present in previous versions but which have since been fixed are not contributing to your problem.
If necessary, instructions for Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro can be found here.

If this does not help, then please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look at the problem and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Ok, I downloaded and UPDATED SV-Pro this morning and it did not fix the issues on any of my sites that we manage.
I know it's running the correct version because it did fix the Flicker Issue on one of my personal sites.

A simple test can be done here:
http://www.classichomes.com/index.cfm?i … b3989479f3
Click the blue Photo Button on the Right

There should be copyright information under the control buttons that says "Copyright Classic Companies...".
The text is imprinted in the background image.

The critical issue for my client is on the Floorplans - On the same site, if you click HOME FINDER, click SEARCH for HOME and select any Exterior View you'll see that in FireFox there is a DISCLAIMER at the bottom of the window being displayed in the BG image - not so on Chrome & Safari causing a huge amount of issues.

In Safari (mac) Chrome (PC) the BG image does not display, in IE (PC) and FireFox (Mac/PC) it displays fine.

Warm regards,
Chris Sgaraglino

I notice that your backgroundURL is defined using backslashes. Try using slashes instead. (All URLs on the internet should be defined using slashes rather than backslashes but some browsers may be more tolerant towards errors than others). Try changing:

backgroundurl="\icwstours\bg\classic-photo-bg.jpg"

... to:

backgroundURL="/icwstours/bg/classic-photo-bg.jpg"

Hopefully this will solve your problem.

Steven Speirs

That did not work.

In the spirit of your logic - I change the URL form relative to direct - and that actually worked.
Any way this could be resolved on your end?

If not, after I change my code I have to rebuild by hand over 900 album XML files!

Warm regards,
Chris Sgaraglino

Using a backgroundURL with a leading slash (to denote your root directory) should work fine in all browsers.
I have just created a test gallery with such as backgroundURL and viewed it successfully in both Chrome and Safari.

Perhaps when you tried this, your browser was still using a cached version of your gallery's XML file (with the incorrect path). Please try using backgroundURL="/icwstours/bg/classic-photo-bg.jpg" once more but be sure to clear your browser's cache before reloading your web page to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent version of your gallery's XML file.

Steven Speirs