Topic: freeway embed problems

Just bought simple view pro to use with freeway pro..absolute beginner...all seems bit confused guys..freeway tells me just put swf in page and don't bother to put all simpleviwer files in website folder..simple viewer says otherwise. Anyway two main problems...gallery always has black background whatever options I set it with in svbuilder..also gallery resizes when it generates its own view page but not in freeway page..should I have bought another simpleviewer product...ie juice box?

Last edited by trelease (2014-08-24 08:24:10)

Re: freeway embed problems

Ok...answering own question!....this may be of interest to newcomers tho, old timers will just presumably breathe weary sigh of recognition.......went thru all the documentation i could find.......cleared cache in Chrome......pasted embed code in body of freeway page.....imported swf file into page...put ALL simpleview files into site folder (not as Freeway suggests)....works like a dream!!

I am glad that you have been able to resolve your problem.
Perhaps my notes below will help to clarify a few things for other users reading this thread.

freeway tells me just put swf in page and don't bother to put all simpleviwer files in website folder..simple viewer says otherwise.

If you just embed the SWF file directly into a web page, your gallery will not benefit from Universal Playback (whereby the gallery will still be displayed on mobile devices and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled). In order for a gallery to support Universal Playback, it is necessary to use the entire 'svcore' folder and follow the standard embedding instructions here or the baseURL embedding instructions here (which allows you to keep all the gallery files together within the gallery folder).

gallery always has black background whatever options I set it with in svbuilder

The gallery's background is set via the backgroundColor Embed Code Parameter in the embedding code. Please see here for details and check that the embedding code you use has the backgroundColor parameter set correctly.

also gallery resizes when it generates its own view page but not in freeway page

A SimpleViewer gallery will dynamically scale with the size of the user's browser window only if the gallery and all its parent containers have their dimensions expressed as percentages. If there is a fixed value anywhere up the chain, then the size of the gallery itself will become fixed. For example, 100% x 100% x 800px = 800px.
Alternatively, you could use JavaScript to listen out for a change in the size of the browser window and then calculate and reassign dimensions for the gallery using JavaScript and CSS. This is a more complex solution that just laying out your web page using percentages but if you would like to see this JavaScript resizing in action, then please take a look at the resizable gallery examples here. (You can view the source of the web pages in your browser and copy/modify them to suit your own needs.)

should I have bought another simpleviewer product...ie juice box?

SimpleViewer is predominantly a Flash image viewer whereas Juicebox is an HTML 5 image viewer. For more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox, please see this SimpleViewer blog entry.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for speedy response Steven...things gradually becoming clearer!..part of my reason to buy simplview was elegance of interface and forum support which seems excellent