Topic: Simpleviewer Pro + Flickr

Hi,

I'm using the latest version of Simpleviewer in combination with pictures loaded from my Flickr account. I've set the 'show the download button' to True, but people can't download the pictures. I checked the permissions of the pictures in my Flickr account, but they are fine.

Another issue... Sometimes the page won't load on smartphones or tablets (Android and iOS).

Will there be a fix?

Kind regards,
Koen

Re: Simpleviewer Pro + Flickr

I've set the 'show the download button' to True, but people can't download the pictures.

Thank you for reporting this problem. I have been able to reproduce it in a test gallery of my own and have logged a bug report with the developers. Hopefully it will be fixed in the next version but, in the meantime, the best alternative would be to use the Open Image Button instead of the Download Button (not quite the same functionality but the user can download the image from the Flickr page).

Sometimes the page won't load on smartphones or tablets (Android and iOS).

Please make sure that the gallery is being viewed over a wi-fi connection rather than 3G. If 3G is being used, content modification can break the gallery, resulting in a blank page. Please see this FAQ for details and a solution to the problem.
Why can't I view my gallery on a 3G mobile connection?

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Simpleviewer Pro + Flickr

Thanks for the quick heads up. I've enabled the OpenImageButton for the workaround. I've also changed the .htaccess file. Hopefully it works. smile