Topic: Flickr images not found [SOLVED]

Hello,

Has there been another security change in the new WP update? I'm trying to get the images in my Flickr account to show in a gallery on my website.

I'm using SimpleViewer 2.3.2.3 and I'm getting this:
http://essexandsuffolksurnames.co.uk/es … s-gallery/

"Flickr images not found."

I've tagged all the photos I want to have with wivenhoechurchyard (as they are tagged on Flickr), and when I set up the gallery, it looks like this:

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/helvissa/simpleviewer_zps6a65a384.png[/img]

I click save, I go back to the page that the gallery is on, hit preview, and... "Flickr images not found."

I go back to the gallery, and then see that the tag I entered has gone, replaced with: /

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/helvissa/simpleviewer-fail_zpsac90b4c4.png[/img]

Well, no wonder it can't find the images, it doesn't have the tag! But why the heck is it doing this and deleting the tag from that box?

The other galleries I've put up using Simpleviewer are still working fine (although I'm not tempting fate by fiddling with them).

What can I do?

Thanks,
Helen.

Re: Flickr images not found [SOLVED]

PS: I know that's not a very good tag. I originally tagged them "wivenhoe churchyard" (using double quote marks as Flickr demands for tags of more than two words) but as SV was having a tantrum, I changed them all to the one-word wivenhoechurchyard to see if that help. Alas, the results speak for themselves.

Unfortunately, there is currently a known bug which affects WebKit browsers (such as Chrome and Opera) whereby edited values are not saved. The bug will be fixed in the next version of WP-SimpleViewer but in the meantime, a quick and easy fix is to open the 'wp-simpleviewer/js/edit.js' file in a plain text editor and remove lines 9, 10 and 11:

jQuery('input', '#sv-edit-action, #sv-set-action').click(function() {
    jQuery('input', jQuery(this).parent()).prop('disabled', true);
});

This will not affect the functionality of WP-SimpleViewer.
Alternatively, you can edit a gallery from the 'Manage Galleries' page using either Firefox or Internet Explorer without having to make the modification above.

Hopefully this explains the problem that you have been having.
(There is no further change with regard to compatibility issues between SimpleViewer and Flickr. As long as your gallery uses SimpleViewer v2.3.2, your Flickr images should display OK.)

Incidentally, when I view your gallery (with the link you posted above), I see the images in your gallery rather than the "Flickr images not found." message so it looks like your gallery might be OK at the moment.
If you do not see the images when you view the gallery yourself, then please try clearing your browser's cache before reloading your web page to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent versions of your gallery files from your web server.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thank you for your reply.

I just had a look too - it was bringing in *all* the photos from my Flickr, not the ones tagged for that gallery! And then I tried again, and it went back to "not found".

I think, rather than delete the code, I'll edit the galleries in Firefox.

It's strange, because I'm sure I was using Chrome when I set my galleries up initially! And they haven't changed....

The flickrTags="wivenhoechurchyard" configuration option is present in your gallery's XML file and 13 images are currently displayed in your gallery.
This is the same number of images that are returned when I enter your Flickr details (including the 'wivenhoechurchyard' tag) directly into Flickr's own API Explorer.
If you see more than 13 images in your gallery, then clearing your browser's cache should hopefully help.

Steven Speirs

That's because I edited it in Firefox last night! smile

But it's all working now, which is the main thing. Thanks for your help.

Helen.

I'm glad that you've got it working.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Steven Speirs

WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4 has now been released with a fix for the bug mentioned above (the inability to edit galleries using WebKit browsers).
It can be downloaded from the plugin's own support page here.

Steven Speirs