Topic: Autoplayer not working published locally or online

Hi Steven

Id like autoplayer to work, plus Ive noticed larger nav buttons in Customize
But not when published neither are visible or working
Thanks again Martin

Plus on export a folder called 'old' is made along with images, svscore and thumbs?

smile

Re: Autoplayer not working published locally or online

Plus on export a folder called 'old' is made along with images, svscore and thumbs?

How are you making your gallery? I cannot think of any automated method (svBuilder or any plugin) which creates a folder named 'old'.

Please take a look at the troubleshooting FAQs here to see if any of them describe your scenario and help.

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.
It will be much easier to determine the exact cause of your problem and suggest a solution if I can see the gallery live on your web server.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi Steven

Im opening up an exisiting gallery made in February, and publishing into different folders

Gallery is at http://www.martincrombie.co.uk/weddings/

1)Would like autoplayer to kick in with 1st large image, not thumbs. Without full screen option.
What im seeing in gallery > preview is also No autoplay and small nav arrow, but in start> customize it all works autoplay and large nav buttons??

Thanks Martin

Thanks for the link.
The problem is that you force your gallery to be displayed by the Mobile Player (rather than the Flash Player) by setting the useFlash Embed Code Parameter to 'false'. The Mobile Player does not support as many configuration options as the Flash Player and has a different layout. Please see these FAQs for further details:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Just change you embedding code from:

SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "850", "600", "FFFFFF", false, flashvars);

... to:

SV.simpleviewer.load("sv-container", "850", "600", "FFFFFF", true, flashvars);

If you are creating or editing a gallery in svBuilder-Pro, make sure that the 'Use Flash' checkbox is selected in the 'Customize -> Embed Options' section.

Steven Speirs

Majority of my customers/ brides to be are using ipads/ iphone now Steven.
Flash, Im looking to avoid at all costs.
So i still need an autoplayer ideally in html?  smile

SimpleViewer is predominantly a Flash image viewer with an HTML fallback for mobile devices and browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled.
The Mobile Player was designed to allow non-Flash-enabled browsers to display the gallery images but it was never intended to be as fully-featured as the Flash Player.

If you want a more fully-featured HTML image viewer, then you might like to take a look at another one of our products: Juicebox.
Juicebox is an HTML 5 image viewer which does not use Flash at all.
It has many more configuration options than the Mobile Player within SimpleViewer and supports AutoPlay.
Please see here for a list of AutoPlay configuration options supported by Juicebox-Pro.

For more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox (and for details on a discount off the price of Juicebox-Pro for SimpleViewer-Pro users), please see this SimpleViewer blog article.

For reference, a complete list of configuration options available in Juicebox-Pro can be found here.

Steven Speirs