Topic: No Images Specified in Gallery XML on SVv2.3.2 / WP4 / OSX 10.6.8

Steven,

I am working on SVpro v2.3.2 and WP 4 on a Macbook 10.6.8.

I keep getting 'No Images Specified in Gallery XML' when I try to load a slideshow.
I have tried all the 'Attachment' options and all the other suggestions in the forum.
It would appear that images are not uploading to the gallery. When I try to edit, the 'uploaded to this page' option does not show.

Can you help.

Ciaranwalshnoe

Last edited by ciaranwalshnoe (2014-09-16 14:09:44)

Re: No Images Specified in Gallery XML on SVv2.3.2 / WP4 / OSX 10.6.8

If you have created you gallery with WP-SimpleViewer (the SimpleViewer plugin for WordPress) and your gallery is sourced by Media Library images, then the gallery will display all images attached to the post containing the gallery.

You can attach images to the post containing the gallery as follows:
(1) Edit the post containing the gallery.
(2) Click the 'Add Media' button above the editor's toolbar.
(3) Drag and drop your new images from a folder on your computer into the 'Add Media' window in your browser.
(4) Close the 'Add Media' window with the cross at the top-right. Do not click 'Insert into post'. Also, there is no need to 'Update' the post itself afterwards.

You can also attach images to a post within the Media Library itself (from the WordPress Dashboard) but only if the images are not already attached to a post. WordPress allows each Media Library image to be attached to only a single post.

To check that images have successfully been attached to a post:
(1) Edit the post containing the gallery.
(2) Click the 'Add Media' button above the editor's toolbar.
(3) Select 'Insert Media' from the menu on the left (selected by default).
(4) Select the 'Media Library' tab (also selected by default).
(5) Choose 'Uploaded to this post' from the drop down menu. (Please see this screenshot to see what you should be seeing in WordPress 4.0.)
(6) See how many images are listed.

If you continue to experience difficulties, then please post the URL to your web page so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Steve,

Thanks for that. I have attempted all if the above but will give it another go. I have to say it has been very difficult getting SV Pro up and running.

C

Hi Steven,

Went through the procedure and this is what came up when I checked had the image attached:[http://www.curator.ie/slideview-test/]

Ciaranwalshnoe

Last edited by ciaranwalshnoe (2014-09-16 17:35:36)

Your gallery is certainly is Media Library gallery but there appears to be no images attached to the post containing the gallery.

Attaching images to a post is done purely through WordPress's own procedures and is not something unique to WP-SimpleViewer. A gallery created by WP-SimpleViewer simply displays all images attached to the post containing the gallery.

The first set of steps above should work fine (and are relevent to WordPress 4.0).

You say in your original post that "When I try to edit, the 'uploaded to this page' option does not show.".
You should be able to access the 'Uploaded to this post' section by following the second set of steps above.

In each set of steps (to attach images to a post and to check which images have been uploaded to a post), please let me know exactly how far you get, at what point you get stuck and what happens. What do you see (or not see) on screen that seems to be unexpected?

If you continue to experience difficulties, I would certainly be willing to investigate further but I would need access to your WordPress installation and web server. If you are agreeable to this, please let me know and I will send you an email where you can send me your login details.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven

Thanks for getting back to me. I have gone through all of the steps on numerous occasions, trying all variations: eg I have wiped the images from the library to avoid possible attachment conflicts etc. Rob, my web designer has gone through all of the steps separately and we both arrived at the scenario represented on my site: http://www.curator.ie/slideview-test/. Rob reckons that the upgrade to WP4 may be the problem but he can't be sure. After a lot of work, we have concluded that SV Pro v232 is not working.

If you continue to experience difficulties, I would certainly be willing to investigate further but I would need access to your WordPress installation and web server

Please send the email.

Regards

Ciaranwalshnoe

Please check your email. I have sent you a message.

I do not know what the problem may be at the moment but WP-SimpleViewer has been tested on and is compatible with WordPress 4.0.
Once I have access to your web server and WordPress installation, I will hopefully be able to determine the cause of your problem.

Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Hi Steven

Thanks for that. email replied to. Good luck. Ciaranwalshnoe

Thank you for your email.
It looks like the problem may be with your WordPress installation rather than with WP-SimpleViewer.
The problem seems to be with attaching images to posts (which is carried out entirely using WordPress's own functionality and is not related to WP-SimpleViewer code).
When you upload an image via the media window (after clicking the 'Add Media' button whilst creating or editing a post), the image is uploaded to the Media Library but is not attached to the post (it should be).
Also, the 'Uploaded to this post' option is missing from the drop-down menu options (as you have already noted). This is part of WordPress itself (not WP-SimpleViewer) and it should be there.
Hopefully searching through or posting in the WordPress forum will help.

You might also like to try reinstating the WordPress 4.0 core files (as if you are upgrading your installation) in case something happened during the initial upgrade resulting in a missing or corrupt file (or perhaps one or more files from your original WordPress installation were not overwritten due to permission problems).
Please make a full backup of your site first, just in case anything goes wrong and you need to reinstate the files at a later date.

Steven Speirs