Topic: How to add/delete pictures via insert media button [SOLVED]

Hello,

I am using SV in wordpress in theme twentytwelve.
Build some SV galleries using the insert media button

Help page:

WordPress 3.5 or later: ◾To add new images, go to the 'Insert Media' section and click 'Select Files' or drag and drop the images into the media window.
◾To view, reorder or delete images, go to the 'Insert Media -> Media Library' section and select 'Uploaded to this post'. Images can be dragged and dropped into a new order.
◾When done, close the media window using the cross at the top right (do not click 'Insert into post' or 'Create a new gallery').

◦'Update' the post.
◦Clear your browser's cache to see the updated gallery.

When I want to delete a picture from the sv gallery, must I delete it from the content of the media library?

When I like to add a picture to the SV gallery I cannot use a picture already uploaded from the library? So must pictures being used twice (in differnt pages), being uploaded twice to?

Regards
Rob

Re: How to add/delete pictures via insert media button [SOLVED]

Very sorry that i did post the question three times. I am experiencing troubles posting. An error messages keeps coming up and did not see the post was published.

I apologize for that.
Rob

An error was encountered

The error occurred on line 67 in /home/videobat/public_html/simpleviewer.net/forum/extensions/sitemap/functions.php

Database reported: MySQL server has gone away (Errno: 2006).

Last edited by eggrob (2014-09-29 19:41:50)

When I want to delete a picture from the sv gallery, must I delete it from the content of the media library?

WP-SimpleViewer displays all images attached to the post containing the gallery.
If you want to remove an image from a WP-SimpleViewer gallery, then you can either delete the image from the Media Library or detach it from the post (although, as far as I am aware, this is possible only by using a third-party plugin such as Unattach).

When I like to add a picture to the SV gallery I cannot use a picture already uploaded from the library?

WordPress allows each Media Library image to be attached to only a single post. You can attach an existing Media Library image to a post containing a WP-SimpleViewer gallery (by going to the Media Library from the Dashboard, selecting 'List View' and clicking 'Attach' in the 'Uploaded to' column) but only if it is not already attached to a post.
If you want to attach an image to multiple posts, then you will need to upload it for each post.

An error messages keeps coming up and did not see the post was published.

Many thanks for reporting the error. We'll investigate further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks Steven,

I have learned a bit more now ... smile

Regards
Rob