Topic: iOS gallery problem

Hello,

http://mch-cny.com/Houses/SkylerRose

The gallery looks fine on desktop. On iOS the thumbnails are all messed up and the image doesn't load up in the gallery. Once you click on it, things work fine, but initial load is broken. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Re: iOS gallery problem

The problem originates from the following code on lines 332-335 of your 'MyStuff.css' file.

#houseLayouyt1 img {
    width:450px;
    float:right;
}

This gives every image within the #houseLayouyt1 container a width of 450px. This includes the thumbnail images within your gallery as your gallery is nested within the #houseLayouyt1 container. The gallery has no option but to inherit this CSS rule.
You will need to use more specific CSS selectors (ids and/or classes) to ensure that this CSS rule is not applied to the gallery.
Within the #houseLayouyt1 container, you could assign all elements other that the gallery a class name and apply the CSS rule to all elements with this class.

Incidentally, this problem occurs only when the gallery is displayed by the Mobile Player (which uses HTML code).
In a desktop browser which has Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled, the gallery is displayed by the Flash Player and the images, being part of a Flash presentation, are isolated from any CSS that your may may use.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Great find. Didn't even think to check that.

I thought I fixed it, but it's still not working. Is there a way to force a gallery to go HTML/mobile on a local browser? How do you decide how to proceed between flash and HTML?

Thanks!

I thought I fixed it, but it's still not working.

The width:450px; line in your CSS is definitely the cause of the problem so creating a new class for elements outside the gallery but within the houseLayouyt1 container (and applying the CSS rule to the new class rather than to the entire houseLayouyt1 container) should certainly fix it.

Is there a way to force a gallery to go HTML/mobile on a local browser?

You can set the useFlash Embed Code Parameter to either 'true' or 'false' (either manually in your gallery's embedding code or by selecting or deselecting the 'Use Flash' checkbox in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Embed' section).
If useFlash is set to 'true', then the gallery will be displayed by the Flash Player as long as Adobe Flash Player has been installed and enabled in the user's browser. Otherwise the gallery will be displayed by the Mobile Player.
(On mobile devices which do not support Adobe Flash Player, the Mobile Player will be used to display the gallery.)
If useFlash is set to 'false', then the gallery will be displayed by the Mobile Player in all browsers and on all devices regardless of whether or not Adobe Flash Player is available.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.