Topic: Different view on mac and mobile

Hi, I have 2 WordPress websites where I use SV pro.
On my laptop (windows, firefox) it looks like it always did, but since version 2.3.2.0 the galleries are differtent on macs and mobile devices.

What can be the reason of that?

http://www.dirkjedekker.nl/workshops-bl … je-dekker/

and

http://www.imagobasics.nl/voor-bedrijve … -effecten/

Another problem: after updating the gallery is invisable.

Re: Different view on mac and mobile

I notice that you are currently using WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.2 and SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3.
Please try updating both to their current versions to see if this helps.

WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4 can be downloaded from this web page.
You can download SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.2 using the link from your original purchase email. (Full details can be found on the Upgrading SimpleViewer-Pro support page.)

Once you have installed WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4, you can upgrade it to use your SimpleViewer-Pro v2.3.2 files by following the instructions here.

There have been many bugfixes and changes between SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.3 and v2.3.2 (please see the Version History for details) so upgrading may help.

After upgrading the files on your web server, please clear your browser's cache to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent versions of your gallery files.

but since version 2.3.2.0 the galleries are differtent on macs and mobile devices.

Please describe the differences that you are seeing. I do not know what you are seeing or what mobile devices and browsers you are using. Please note that on mobile devices that do not support Adobe Flash Player (and in desktop browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled), the gallery will be displayed by the Mobile Player rather than the Flash Player. The layout of the Mobile Player is very different to that of the Flash Player. (Perhaps your Mac's browser does not currently have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled.)
Please see these FAQs to see if any of them sound relevant to what you are seeing:
When I view my gallery I see a grid of thumbnails, not the layout I specified. Why?
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Another problem: after updating the gallery is invisable.

I do not know whether you are referring to WP-SimpleViewer or SimpleViewer-Pro itself (and which version numbers are causing the invisibility issue) but hopefully updating to the current versions of both, ensuring that you have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled in all your desktop browsers and clearing your browser's cache will solve your problems.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I upgraded SV and the WP-plugin both now. On http://www.imagobasics.nl/voor-bedrijve … -effecten/ it works pretty, but on http://www.dirkjedekker.nl/bruidswerk-b … je-dekker/ I see nothing. The whole SV gallery is not showing up. This comes because I am using Types from Toolset (custom post types). (Tested:) When I put the shortcode in the normal content, I see the images. I downgraded the plugin to 2.3.2.2  but have the latest pro version. It is working now. So the plugin is not working together with Types.

The other problem is not solved yet, the differtent images on mac and mobile. I haven't look at that yet.

It looks like 'simpleviewer.js' file is not being loaded in your page.
WP-SimpleViewer checks if there is a gallery present in the current page and loads the 'simpleviewer.js' file only if necessary.

You could override this check by opening the 'wp-simpleviewer.php' file in a plain text editor and replacing lines 30-32:

if (!is_admin()) {
    add_action('the_posts', array(&$this, 'shortcode_check'));
}

... with the following:

add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', array(&$this, 'add_scripts_wp_core'));

I will investigate further to see if the compatibility between WP-SimpleViewer and cutsom post types in Types from Toolset can be improved.

Please note that the line numbers above refer to the current version of WP-SimpleViewer (v2.3.2.4).

Edit:
I have just installed WP-Types, created a new custom post type (using default settings), created a SimpleViewer gallery (using WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4) inside a custom post and the gallery displays and functions fine.
I am not sure what might be causing your problem.
Try creating a new new custom post type using default settings (and create a SimpleViewer gallery inside a custom post) and see if this works. If it does, then try changing the custom post type settings one-by-one until you find the setting which causes the problem.
Also, please copy and paste the exact WP-SimpleViewer shortcode that you are using which causes the problem. (The format of the shortcode might be contributing to the problem.) Thank you.

Steven Speirs

Hi, I used types different as you tried. I made a wysiwyg field with Custom Fields. I add this to my pagetemplate.
So it is not a custom post type, but a custom field.

you can use something like this in your page.php to make this field visible

<?php echo(types_render_field("diashow", array("alt"=>"$titel", "title"=>"$titel",
      "width"=>"416","height"=>"500","proportional"=>"true"))); ?>

Last edited by Dainamics (2014-10-12 11:59:08)

I created a WYSIWYG custom field using the WP-Types v1.6.3 plugin, created a SimpleViewer gallery using WP-SimpleViewer v2.3.2.4 (and the WP-SimpleViewer shortcode was present in the custom field).
I then inserted the content of the custom field in the body of the post by entering the following shortcode into the main editor. (You may need to change the slug corresponding to your own custom field.)

[types field="custom-field-slug"][/types]

Again, the SimpleViewer gallery displayed and functioned fine.
Please note that I did need to make the modification above in order for the 'simpleviewer.js' file to be loaded into the page.
I do not know what could be causing your problem but, as I mentioned previously, the format of your WP-SimpleViewer shortcode could be contributing to your problem (especially if you have entered it manually) so please copy and paste it into a post here so that I can take a look at it and see if there is anything wrong with it.

Steven Speirs