Topic: External Link on Thumbmail

I am hoping to open a YouTube video in a new window if I click on the first thumbnail of the slide show (which would be a YouTube icon), possible? I know I can create a watermark and add the link to that, but 'd really like to be able to do it from the thumbnails.  Thanks.  Steve

** Found it on an old post - works great using Link_URL on the main image and adding the ink to the xml file. **

Last edited by steve.leach (2014-10-08 22:32:05)

Re: External Link on Thumbmail

If you want to allow the entire main image to become a link to the corresponding linkURL, set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL" (in svBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Main Image' section).
Please note that this works for the main image only (not the thumbnail).

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Adding a link works when viewing on my desktop, but not on a mobile device.  Any solution?

SimpleViewer is predominantly a Flash image viewer and the Mobile Player was designed as a fallback mechanism (so that non-Flash-enabled browsers and devices can still display the images) rather than a fully-featured image viewer within itself. As such, the Mobile Player supports far fewer configuration options that the Flash Player (and imageClickMode is not one of them).
Configuration options supported by the Mobile Player can be found here.
Please also see this FAQ:
The mobile player layout does not match the Flash player layout. Why not?

Perhaps the best thing to do would be to include a link in a caption using HTML formatting as noted in this FAQ:
How do I add HTML formatting to my captions?
This should work fine on mobile devices.

Due to the increase in the number of mobile devices over recent years, we developed a new HTML 5 image viewer named Juicebox. Juicebox does not use or rely on Adobe Flash at all and has very similar configuration options to the Flash Player within SimpleViewer-Pro.
A list of all Juicebox-Pro configuration options can be found here. (Juicebox-Pro supports imageClickMode in desktop and mobile browsers.)
We also have several demo Juicebox galleries here.

In case you are interested in Juicebox-Pro, you can find more information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox (and details of a 30% discount off the price of Juicebox-Pro for existing SimpleViewer-Pro users) in this SimpleViewer blog entry.

Steven Speirs

Thanks Steven.  I just converted one of my SVBuilder slide shows to Juicebox and looked at it on my cell phone - much better!  So I ordered it.  Hopefully I can figure out how to get external links working.  Appreciate your help. Steve

I just converted one of my SVBuilder slide shows to Juicebox and looked at it on my cell phone - much better!

For anyone reading this post and wanting to convert a SimpleViewer gallery to a Juicebox gallery, it can easily be done with JuiceboxBuilder following the instructions here.

So I ordered it.

That's great! I hope you get on well with Juicebox-Pro. Be sure to check out the Getting Started guide.

Hopefully I can figure out how to get external links working.

Just set imageClickMode="OPEN_URL" (in JuiceboxBuilder-Pro's 'Customize -> Main Image' section) and enter your linkURL paths on the 'Images' tab (just click a thumbnail to reveal the 'Title', 'Caption' and 'Link URL' input fields).

Appreciate your help. Steve

You're welcome!

Steven Speirs