Topic: Problem with autoplay [SOLVED]

Dear all,
I customise a simpleviewer gallery containing >500 images as an automatic slideshow with random order and loop on my homepage. It works beautifully locally (ISS7 - IE11) but for some reasons the server version (identical xml config file but server is linux type) is "stalling" regularly (see I can't figure out why. All other galleries and pages function well both locally and on remote server ...

Has anybody encountered similar problems?

Thanks for your help,

Last edited by collpicto (2014-12-05 18:31:22)

Re: Problem with autoplay [SOLVED]

Your gallery seems to display and function fine when I view it in my own browsers.
There should be no problem at all hosting a SimpleViewer gallery on a Linux server.

What exactly is the problem that you are seeing?
Is there any way to reproduce the problem?
Does the problem happen in all browsers or just certain ones?

Here are a few things to try:

(1) Remove the line <!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet --> from the top of your web page.
(2) Use a Doctype Declaration at the top of your web page to tell browsers what set of standards your web page's code conforms to:
(3) Check your web page's code with the W3C Markup Validation Service and fix any errors reported:
(4) Ensure that Adobe Flash Player is up to date in all your browsers:
(5) Clear your browser's cache to ensure that your browser is fetching and using the most recent versions of your gallery files from your web server.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks for your suggestions,
I found out what was wrong - for some reasons some of my files were as .JPG some .jpg in the xml. It looks like on a windows server case does not matter but it does on the Linux sever so SimpleViewer when difference in case between xml and file name ...
Now it works on the linux server,

I'm glad you have been able to resolve your problem.
Thank you for posting back to let me know.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.