Topic: Responsiveness of Simple Viewer

Hi, I think I had the wrong idea when I purchased Simple Viewer Pro.  I somehow thought that having the mobile player built in meant that the viewer was responsive.   But even if it's not, I would still expect the images to render on the phone.  On this page for example, the thumbnails can be seen but not the main image.  If you tap one of the thumbnails (which are really tiny, of course), the main image appears and the thumbnails disappear.

http://69.195.124.186/~bevyoung/emmelin … lery-demo/

I guess I'm asking 1) Can I fix the problem of the main image not showing up when the page is loaded and have the thumbnails remain after? and 2) Am I correct that the viewer is not responsive in the sense that the images resize for the browser size and the rows of thumbnails become more stacked as the browser window gets smaller?

Thanks.

Re: Responsiveness of Simple Viewer

If you tap one of the thumbnails (which are really tiny, of course)

If you find that the Mobile Player thumbnails in your gallery are very small, you can ty scaling your web page for mobile devices by adding the following meta viewport tag to the <head> section of your web page.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

1) Can I fix the problem of the main image not showing up when the page is loaded and have the thumbnails remain after?

The Mobile Player within SimpleViewer (used to display the gallery on mobile browsers and in browsers which do not have Adobe Flash Player installed and enabled) does not display the thumbnails and main images on the same page. It displays the thumbnail page from which a main image can be selected. When a main image is selected, the main image replaces the thumbnails and the user can either navigate through the main images or return to the thumbnail page via the thumbnail button on the gallery's Button Bar.
The Mobile Player's layout (thumbnails and main images on separate pages) was designed to maximize the size of the main images on small screen devices. Also, SimpleViewer is predominantly a Flash image viewer and the Mobile Player was designed as a fallback for non-Flash enabled devices rather than a fully-featured image viewer within itself.

2) Am I correct that the viewer is not responsive in the sense that the images resize for the browser size and the rows of thumbnails become more stacked as the browser window gets smaller?

The gallery itself is responsive and the gallery's layout will change with the size of the user's browser window. However, please note that although the main image will dynamically resize, the gallery's thumbnails will not.

If you are looking for a more fully-featured HTML 5 image viewer than the Mobile Player within SimpleViewer, then you might like to take a look at another of our products: Juicebox.
Juicebox is a HTML 5 image viewer which does not use or rely on Adobe Flash Player at all. Juicebox has many more configuration options than the Mobile Player within SimpleViewer and you can display the thumbnails and main images together on the same page in mobile devices by setting screenMode="LARGE".
For information about how Juicebox adapts to different devices and screen sizes, please see here.
For information on the differences between SimpleViewer and Juicebox, please see this SimpleViewer blog entry.

I hope this information helps to clarify things.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: Responsiveness of Simple Viewer

Thanks I'll take a look at it.