Topic: Mobile gallery xml not found

When I insert my gallery to specific page of my website, it shows on my desktop no problem, but it gives me 'gallery xml not found' on mobile.
The url is of a shopping cart and looks like this  .../index.php?route=product/category&path=60
What do I adjust to have it linking to xml properly?
Thanks

Re: Mobile gallery xml not found

You might have to escape the / character in your URL's query string. (The browser might see this as another path separator in the main part of the URL rather than as part of the query string.)
Try using index.php?route=product%2Fcategory&path=60 instead.

Also, make sure that if you hard-code a subdomain in your embedding code, you access the web site using that subdomain.
For example, if you use code such as the following (which uses the www subdomain), then the gallery will display only if you go to www.example.com/gallery/ and not example.com/gallery/. This is due to the JavaScript same-origin policy.

<!--START SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED.-->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.example.com/gallery/svcore/js/simpleviewer.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
    var flashvars = {};
    flashvars.baseURL = 'http://www.example.com/gallery/';
    simpleviewer.ready(function () {
        simpleviewer.load('sv-container', '100%', '100%', '222222', true, flashvars);
    });
</script>
<div id="sv-container"></div>
<!-- END SIMPLEVIEWER EMBED -->

If you continue to experience difficulties, please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look and help further.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

How can I "try using" different characters in shopping cart generated url?
Why does flash version reads xml no problem? How can I get non flash version to link to xml the same way flash does?

How can I "try using" different characters in shopping cart generated url?

I do not know how your URLs are generated (whether you hard-code them manually or whether they are perhaps generated by some server-side PHP or client-side JavaScript code) so I do not know exactly what you would have to do to modify the URLs in your specific case. I would need more information.

Why does flash version reads xml no problem?

The same-origin policy affects only the Mobile Player (and not the Flash Player) so this could possibly be the cause of your problem. If you use relative paths rather than absolute paths within your embedding code, then this may solve your problem.

In order to help further, I would really need to see the code that you are using and the gallery that fails so please post the URL to your gallery so that I can take a look for myself and hopefully help further. Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.