Topic: High-resolution download not working

I've always been able to have high-res versions of the main image available by uploading them into a folder called images.  I'd place it in svcore/swf/, and when you'd click the download button, you'd get the high-res version. 

I just made a new gallery, and for some reason, it's not letting me download the high-res version even though the gallery.xml file is exactly the same as the previous galleries' (except for the file names) and the images folder containing the high-res versions are in the same places.  Is there somewhere other than the gallery.xml file that could be affecting this?

Last edited by ting45 (2014-12-31 04:51:55)

Re: High-resolution download not working

The Download Button should allow the direct download of the imageURL (the main image displayed in the gallery).

It sounds like what you are trying to do should not be possible (making the Download Button download a custom file which is otherwise not used in the gallery).

If you can provide a couple of sample galleries (one of which works as you describe and the most recent one which does not), then I will take a look and see if I can figure out what is going on.
Thank you.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Perhaps you guys changed something in the newest Pro version's js files (or elsewhere) where my high-res download trick isn't working anymore...

Would you be able to tell me what version I was running when I made the gallery that works?

Last edited by ting45 (2015-01-02 18:12:30)

Would you be able to tell me what version I was running when I made the gallery that works?

SimpleViewer-Pro v2.1.0. You can check the version number in the comments at the top of the 'simpleviewer.js' file.

It looks like v2.1.0 may have had a bug whereby the download button would use the imageURL relative to the SWF file itself (rather than being relative to the HTML page containing the embedding code).
It also looks like this bug has been fixed since v2.1.0 (so the Download Button now downloads the actual image used in the gallery).

If you do not encounter any of the bugs which exist in v2.1.0 and have since been fixed (please see the Version History for a list of changes between versions), you might like to continue using v2.1.0. You could just use the 'svcore' folder from your gallery that works as you want it to in all your other galleries.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.