Topic: Server Error, Thumnails are X's

When I open buildgallery.php this pops up :

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@thisdaydream.somewhatsane.org and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.37 Server at thisdaydream.somewhatsane.org Port 80

My images are fine, they come up, but the thumbnails don't, except for the example one thats already added. http://thisdaydream.somewhatsane.org/si … index.html

Re: Server Error, Thumnails are X's

you have one thumb uploaded
115-1503_IMG.jpg
and 3 or 4 images

and in thumbs, you have thumbs.db as an image.
both directories need to be the same. try uploading your thumbs and images manually and add  your xml paths 'thumbs/"  "images/"

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Oh you have to make the thumbs yourself? Lol oopps. I'll go see if I can fix it now.

<b>Works now! Thanks a lot. That was ridiculously easy. </b>

No, actually, using the build.php will  ( or rather should) create your thumbs and generate your xml. I wanted to see if we could get it working manually first. Now, you can compare your manual  to your php generated results.

Or stick with manual  smile

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I can't figure it out.  I've got the images folder and the thumbs folder (done manually in fireworks).

http://www.skidmore.edu/campuslife/lead … index.html

Below is copied and pasted from the gallery.xml file

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="480" maxImageHeight="480" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xffffff" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="30" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="left" title="Blackalicious" enableRightClickOpen="true" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="" thumbPath="">
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0780.JPG</filename>
    <caption>Soundcheck</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0791.JPG</filename>
    <caption>Blackalicious</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0794.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0795.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0801.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0802.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0803.JPG</filename>
</image>
<image>
    <filename>IMG_0808.JPG</filename>
</image>
</simpleviewerGallery>

Rad -
you must have figured it out, it is working fine here.

Richard

Thanks!

Rad -
you must have figured it out, it is working fine here.

I did, thanks.  one of the folders had the "jpg" in caps and one had it in lower case.  Gets me every time...