Topic: Disappearing Loading Bar on Multiple Galleries

Howdy. I am trying to use the multiple gallery option and have had great success. Thank you for such a wonderful program. However, I have run into a strange occurrence. I have a main.swf with content and other buttons. When I load the multiple_galleries.swf as a separate movie on a different layer, the gallery loading bar disappears. I’m not sure If I need to reference it differently in my index.html or what the problem is.

Of course the only reason that I am loading the multiple_gallery into another level as a movie clip is because I cannot figure out how to unload a gallery to say, go to a contact page or back to the splash page. I know it has been brought up before about an unload gallery button, but I am not sure if this is possible. I have searched long and hard for the answer and if I have missed a post with the answer, please someone link me to the answer. If it hasn’t been solved before, please have kindness this holiday season and help a dude out. Happy Holidays.

Re: Disappearing Loading Bar on Multiple Galleries

Are you using the code in the multi-gallery fla.? Or altered it?
I'm not fully understanding -
Are you creating  an empty movie clip and loading the viewer.swf into that mc. ( on a layer above your content) ( this is how the example is set up)

And you could have a GoToandStop action on your gallery btn_mc, telling it to go to frame named  "gallery1" and the above empty movie clip would be on that frame. Use the same movie clip to load all galleries ( viewer.swf), that way you do not have to unload anything.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I have a main.swf with a command: loadMovieNum("multiple_galleries.swf",1);

It is going on a level above the main.swf
I am using the same code in the multiple_galleries.swf.

The loading bar that I want is the ones that show up when the user clicks on a photo that isn't loaded yet. The one that shows up in the middle. The loading bar on each individual thumbnail shows up however.

The only reason to use the loadMovieNum was to be able to close down the galleries when it was done, and go to a contact page. It there is a way to close down the specific gallery then that would be cool.

SV multi gallery example is the way to go. then use a differant frame for contact page, gallery1 , gallery2 etc. as in my  first post. Give it a try, it is easier than what you are using.

There are other ways to set it up, but the example in the download is the most straight forward.

"loadMovieNum" is giving you the problems ( old skol)

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

It was an 1D10T error. my bad. The loading bar is white over a white background. HOWEVER, after looing at my code, I have preloaderColor", "0xC70007"  so it should be red. This is in my index.html file. I don't see a code to change the loading bar in Option.as so do I just need to change the color in the simpleviewr.fla file and re-output?

to answer your pm-

one way to set it up -
frame one named "home"
frame 2 named "contact"
frame 3 named "gallery1"
frame 4 named "gallery2"
etc.
create an empty movie clip
name it mcLoader
place it on frame 3 and 4 only
buttons - gal 1 will go to frame "gallery1"
    -contact will go to "contact"
etc
"gallery1", Gal1.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("gallery1.xml");       
}
"gallery2", Gal2.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("gallery2.xml");       
}

function loadGallery(galName){
    _root.xmlDataPath = galName; 
    mcLoader.loadMovie("viewer.swf");

no need to unload load mcLoader, you will load the viewer.swf once and change the xml for each gallery

Richard

Thanks!