Topic: Resized max image. dimension when thumbs run on the bottom

[img]http://www.keepsake-images.net/SHARING/sample1.jpg[/img]

I'd like to move that arrow so it runs ALONGSIDE the thumbnails and not below it. When its below it, it shrinks my max image dimension down to 300 instead of 500. I don't want my clients to need to scroll DOWN to see the thumbs and a larger image. HELP!

This is what 500 max image dimension looks like when the thumbs are on the right. I dont see why the viewer makes such a HUGE adjustment for such small thumbs!

http://keepsake-images.net/bridals/bridals.html

Re: Resized max image. dimension when thumbs run on the bottom

Have you tried thumbs laidout as 2 cols and 5 rows, to the right of main image?  It might solve your problem. If you are using pro, you can change the location of the arrows, relative to the thumbs. search here -it is in many posts. post back if you need more help or can't find the posts.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Try downloading the latest version of SV. It will display the arrows horizontally in line when there is only 1 row of thumbs.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Really Felix?

I"m TERRIFIED of getting the newest version! Is it pretty much impossible to screw up?  lol

Ok ..i knew I'd find something  roll

The instructions here say :

2.1) Add this to the CSS declaration:

#flashcontent {
height: 100%;
}

but where? I don't use the index.html file. I have my own where I've embedded simpleviewer into.

and

2) it says to replace

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"
src="flash_detect.js">
<!--
function getFlashVersion() { return null; };
//-->
</script>

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
<!--
var flashVersion = getFlashVersion();
if (flashVersion < 6) {
location.replace("upgrade.html");
}
//-->
</script>

with <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>

but I my weddings.html file I only have

<script type="text/javascript" src="flashobject.js"></script>
<div id="flashcontent">SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash. <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a></div>   
    <script type="text/javascript">
        var fo = new FlashObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "575", "6", "#000000");       
        fo.addParam("scale", "noscale");
        fo.write("flashcontent");   
    </script>   

.....can I not upgrade because I'm not using the index.html ?

well, i decided to just strip what I had and replace it with everything that the update included and my gallery loads, but the new 1.8 doesn't come with a PHP file so how do i move that arrow? I'm back to where I was before the update.... :idea:

oooooooook,...so i got THAT working..but the thumbnails are HUGE and sooo blurry....guess I"ll start digging around the forum to see what fixes that! its ugly  :shock:

Did you publish and upload the viewer.swf? That should fix your arrows.

your all set in the swfobject.js problem?

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

i ended up figuring it out myself after a whole lot of troubleshooting.