Topic: disable printing

I have searched the forums and haven't been able to find an answer.

I am a part-time pro photographer and I use simpleviewer to display proofs to my customers.  I recently noticed that if you right-click on any image you are offered a menu that has a print option.  When you print out, it gives a pretty good picture that I am sure a lot of people would be happy with.  Obviously I would rather they came to me for the print!!

Anyway, is it possible to disable the right-click menu, or at least disable the ability to print from inside simpleviewer?  Do I have to buy the sourcecode and modify it or is this something reasonably straightforward?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Re: disable printing

It is not possible to disable right-click printing with the free version of SimpleViewer. To make this change you would need to purchase and modify the SimpleViewer Source Code. Modifying SimpleViewer Source Code requires Flash and Actionscripting Experience.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

and the million dollar question is....for a C/C++/php/vb/asm programmer, how difficult would it be to work out how to disable right-click printing?

smile

TIA

Ian

It's fairly easy. You need to add the following code to the first frame on the FLA timeline:

var stage_cm:ContextMenu = new ContextMenu ();
stage_cm.builtInItems.print=false;
_root.menu = stage_cm;
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

....looks like I'll be buying me some source!

Thanks, Felix.

Ian

putting !#p for the frame label will disable the print option too.

OK, so I bought the source.  Let me preface this with I know how to make compilers and IDE's work (usually) and did not think this would be a big deal.

I have Macromedia Flash MX Pro 2004.

I can pull the whole viewer.fla up in to Flash MX and I can honestly say this is the most confusing "development environment" I have ever seen!!!

Definitely not the standard bit-twiddlers place!!!  smile 

When I open up the project, I see the timeline and there is a line there that says "Actions".  I clicked on that line then on the first frame and below I now have a tab that has an edit window.  There is a tab that says actions:1.  In there I type the code that Felix posted. 

When I go to Control...Test Movie I get the same old standard stuff.  Right-click on the image in the viewer and you have the print menu option available to you.

Obviously I am doing something wrong.  Could some kind person point me in the right direction of how/where I should put Felix's code snippet?  Or even where rolsin01's suggestion should go?  I apologise for my ignorance with FLash.....you gotta start somewhere, right?

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Ian,

With the viewer.fla file opened in Flash.  Click on the box just below the number 1 (on the timeline) in the labels row.  In the Properties box on the bottom you will see a box labeled Frame below that you can put in !#p

I with you on the knowledge of Flash, I found this the easist way for me at least.

Bob

try this :
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … light=#870

[url]http://www.photoscenique.com[/url]