Topic: BLURRY THUMBNAILS & CAPTION LOCATION

When I used iExport to generate my .xml file, the thumbs were small and sharp.  Now that I've imported everything into Simpleviewer Pro, the thumbs are larger and blurry.

1) Please advise what the problem is and how it can be solved.

2) Can I tighten the gap between the thumbnails and captions?  How?

3) Can the captions be centered horizontally when the thumbs are on the BOTTOM of the image?  How?

Thank you.

p.s. - It's taken a lot of problem solving and time, but I've almost finished customizing a test gallery (with some random images of mine).  Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.fishmanphotography.com/simpl … index.html

Re: BLURRY THUMBNAILS & CAPTION LOCATION

When I used iExport to generate my .xml file, the thumbs were small and sharp.  Now that I've imported everything into Simpleviewer Pro, the thumbs are larger and blurry.

In Options.as, make sure your thumbnail width and height are set appropriately to display the thumbnail sizes that you want to display.

For example here's mine. Most of my photos are horizontally oriented in 6x4" size so it translates roughly to 110x74.

static var thumbnailWidth:Number = 110; //pixels
    static var thumbnailHeight:Number = 74; //pixels   

If you have large thumbnails and you make your thumbnails perfectly square, its likely that either the width or height will need to get stretched to fill the dimensions you've set. Although my vertical images get cut off when I have the formatting set specific to horizontal images, they don't look half as odd as a mess of blurry thumbs.

Re: BLURRY THUMBNAILS & CAPTION LOCATION

in Options.as . line 27, you can change the default thumb size from 65 x 65 to any size you need.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!