Topic: Republishing swf

hello there!

Which Flashversion is recommended to republish the Simpleviewer Pro swf?
Does it make any difference if i export it in version 7 or 8?

How is the original swf exported?

Greetz,

Doolak

Re: Republishing swf

you'll need flash version 7.2 or higher  ( note 7.2 not 7)

exported? when you publish the simpleviewer fla you will generate the viewer.swf

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

I do not find any option to "generate" the swf. I use Flash 8 and theres only the possibility to export the movie (File/Export/Export Movie).

When i export it i have some Parameters to choose from.
For example the Version of the Player. There i have only Version 1 to 8 and two Flash Lite versions.
Then the Actionscript versions ( 1.0 and 2.0), some things like JPEG-quality etc.

I cannot choose 7.2, so i tried 7 and 8. When i use 8 the viewer.swf doesnt show the preloader correct. It is shown without any text and doesnt do anything. The rest of the movie works fine.

When i export it to flash 7 it works fine.

To test that i didnt change anything in the fla or the actionscript. I only opened the fla and exported it.

Greetz,

Doolak

To test that i didnt change anything in the fla or the actionscript. I only opened the fla and exported it.

Thats the recommended way of publishing.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thats the recommended way of publishing.

Sorry, I dont understand what u mean.

If i want to leave the swf as it is, i do not have to export it... i just wanted to be sure that the error in the swf is not because i changed something in a wrong way. Normally i only have to republish the swf if i have made some changes in the fla or the other sourcefiles.

So can somebody tell me why the swf doesnt work when i export it to Flash version 8?

Ok, i found out my stupid mistake....

As i was testing out something with alphatransparency, i uninstalled the flash plugins and installed different versions of the plugin.
As i had version 7 installed the swf, which i exported to flash version 8 didnt work.

Now everything here is fine - i learned that i can export the swf to flash 7 and flash 8 without problems.

But theres still a problem with changing something in the fla or the source...

I try to change something in the fla, but after republishing the swf it doesnt work. Please watch this topic:

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … =4475#4475

I just want to change the path of the default xml - doesnt work... please help me!!!

Thanks in advance, Doolak

glad to see you got it all sorted. including the xml path.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!