Topic: is there a graphic symbol for the frame border?

hi
still thinking about purchasing the app.
i've read the documentation today and it seems like it's not possible to graphically change the frames of the pictures.

i would like to to sth like this: http://blechsdottir.com/simpleviewer.jpg

apart from the bottom navigation, and the background image, will it be possible to render this design (slightly rotated frames+fake shadow)?

hope there's a way!
thanks a lot,

olivier

Re: is there a graphic symbol for the frame border?

It's possible, but it will require quite a bit of customization of the code. Modifying SimpleViewer requires Actionscript and Flash experience.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

No, the frame border is drawn dynamically, there is no graphic symbol in the library.
To rotate the frames and main image you would need to know actionscript.

You could fake it depending on your BG, ( yours and the image :)by rotating the pics in Photoshop, adding the shadow etc, the BG of the pics would have to be the same as the BG in SV. (solid colour would be easiest). You could batch process the rotation and effects.

If you know flash, you could also load viewer.swf into a container swf that masked the thumbs and or images, but that maybe more time consuming than the photoshop way.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

you guys rocks
photoshop batch is not an option to me, and i'm not afraid of tweaking the AS wink

how about attaching graphic elements like you do with the thumbnails symbols? (i guess the arrows and stuff)

sth like that would do the trick?
shadowMovieClip=someMovieClip.attachMovie("shadow","ImageShadow",someMovieClip.getNextHighestDepth());

yes, something like that should work. Let us know your progress!  There are others wanting to use a shadow on the frame.

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!