Topic: help please anyone (background image)

Hey all, big_smile

I cant seem to get my head around to changing the background, in the FAQ it says to change the 'gallery.xml' file, the only xml file I have is a file called 'imageData.xml' sad , also I used Picassa 2  to export my gallery...can anyone here help...or even write out a step by step post.

thanks ya'all  big_smile

Re: help please anyone (background image)

You need to upgrade to 1.8v, where the xml is named gallery.xml

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

version 1.8 lets the 'user' save the images by right-clicking!!!...im not to happy about that..any alternatives??  :shock:

You can disable right-click saving in the XML options: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

THANKS ALOT!!!!  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

i'm having the same problem re: adding the background image.  here is the code i have pasted into my xml file, which is imagedata.xml, not gallery.xml.  (as far as i know, i have changed the naming for all instances of gallery.xml to imagedata.xml, because i am able to manipulate the background color on imagedata.xml and have it load correctly in the browser.  thus, the fact that i am using imagedata.xml should be moot, right?)

<SIMPLEVIEWER_DATA maxImageDimension="480" textColor="0xFFFFFF" frameColor="0xFFFFFF" bgColor="#FFFFFF" frameWidth="20" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="3" thumbnailRows="3" navPosition="right" navDirection="LTR" backgroundImagePath = "./web_background/trees1.jpg" imagePath="" thumbPath="">

yes, the path for "backgroundImagePath" is correct.

here is the site:

www.bigpinkcurlers.com

any ideas why it's not loading?

thanks!

Your BG image is here

http://www.bigpinkcurlers.com/trees1.jpg

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

it also lives in the specified directory; i copied the image to the parent directory thinking that that might be the problem (it wasn't).

you are aware of the "dot" in your path

./web_background/trees1.jpg

I can not access www.bigpinkcurlers.com/web_background/trees1.jpg

sorry, wish I could help

Richard

Thanks!