Topic: Display sizing when I load an external viewer.swf movie

I have a problem in execution time with the display sizing loading a  viewer.swf in a dummy mc inside the _root.

I try to use the multiple galleries tips from FELIX, in other part of this forum.

Additionally, I have introduced several buttons on  _root but outside the _mc scenario because, I need to continue using these buttons when viewer.swf is loaded to control and manage the _root movie.

The results are that the viewer.swf, when load the images, reduce the size of display from the main movie (_root movie). I thought that the characteristics from _root are holded when other external movie is loaded.

I'm going to use fscommand("fullscreen", true) when I are going to use the main movie for a CD with multi-galleries. In this case, the results are the same: the frames hold the fullscreen option until a frame with the dummy viewer is loaded with a viewer.swf movie.

I'd like to know how is possible to solve this problem. Thanks a lot.

Re: Display sizing when I load an external viewer.swf movie

Are you using a holder_mc to load all your other movies? including simpleviewer? That should work. Can you paste your fla code here?

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks, Felix,
I'm using your code for "multiples galleries" (http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … php?t=1121), adding the fscommand ("fullscreen", true); to use the fullscreen mode (I'm trying to use viewer.swf for a CD show):

//START CODE ///////////////////////

fscommand("fullscreen",true);
//set SV size
_global.gStageWidth = 640;
_global.gStageHeight = 480;

//Set button actions
mcGal1.onRelease = function(){
loadGallery("gal1");
}

mcGal2.onRelease = function(){
loadGallery("gal2");
}

mcGal3.onRelease = function(){
loadGallery("gal3");
}

//
function loadGallery(galName){
_root.xmlDataPath = galName + "/imageData.xml";
mcViewer.loadMovie("viewer.swf");
}

//load first gallery
loadGallery("gal1")

//END CODE //////////////////

That code is from SV1.7  use the code in the fla in your flash examples folder of SV Pro 1.8

I'm not sure I understand what you need, but these may help for your CD presentation

Stage.scaleMode="noScale";

this._lockroot = true;

comment out
//_global.SVStageWidth = 640;
//_global.SVStageHeight = 480;

Richard

in order to better assist you, please provide a url, relevant code and details about your problem.
Thanks!

Thanks, Felix, but it doesn't run. I have sent thru email the files .fla and .swf

Felix, Have you seen my .fla file I've sent you several days ago?. Thanks in advance for your helps and excuse me if I'm disturbing you. Thanks again

hal16366
I'm not Felix. You can send it to me, but I won't be able to work on it for a few days, due to the holidays. And it needs to be v1.8

Richard

Thanks!

Perfect, Felix or Flash Moderator, I was with 1.8 version. The results has been the same. I've sent the .fla file and viewer.swf (1.8 version) thru an email. Thanks again. I'll wait.

i think i've got the solution to youre problem!

the external swf will be resized and scaled by simpleviewer!

because simpleviewer has other resize options then YOUR FLA or SWF,
simpleviewer swf loading will affect in resizing the swf you made.

here's the solution wink

resizeListen = new Object();
resizeListen.onResize = function(){
Stage.scaleMode="showAll";}
Stage.addListener(resizeListen);

hope it worx wink
else just contact me or reply wink

dears,
Jhonnie DJ Jallah

Thanks a lot, Jhonnie.
With a bit delay, 10 months later, I saw your solution, I applied it and it runs !!!

Thanks again.