Topic: 11. How do I insert SimpleViewer into a pre-existing HTML pa

I noticed a few people having this same problem, and I am hoping that someone can explain exactly how to this showing code, and where to put it.

I tried following the directions in the "Customizing SimpleViewer", but this doesn't actually load the simpleviewer image gallery into the page, it just adds a link. Maybe I'm missing something that is easy for someone else to explain.

"Add the following code in your HTML where you want SimpleViewer to appear. To set the size of SimpleViewer, replace "640", "480" with your required width and height

<div id="flashcontent">
SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash.
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">
Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed,
<a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">         
var fo = new FlashObject("viewer.swf", "viewer",
"640", "480", "6", "#181818");             
fo.addParam("quality", "best");         
fo.write("flashcontent");         
</script>"

Re: 11. How do I insert SimpleViewer into a pre-existing HTML pa

I have tried this as well and it doesnt work. Any help?

Hi,

you need to add the contents of the SimpleViewer download into the same folder as your HTML page (viewer.swf, flashobject.js, imageData.xml,thumbs and images folder).

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

ok Felix - my galleries have all those in their folders but I'm confused - are you saying that the page with the exisiting HTML where we want our gallery to show up has to be within that folder too? and if that is the case - I'm REALLY confused since I have at least five different simple viewer folders, each with all the data in them, that I used to create my galleries (you'll see I started a different topic about this but I am elaborating here)...those are working GREAT but just not appearing WITHIN my html of my existing page which is where i need them to show up...

can you check the html and see what needs to be done? it can be found here:

http://www.tilenorth.com/portfolio.html

After all of my requests - now I feel silly - I figured it out!!!

whoot!

Sorry for all the whining, but I was in a desperate mood and was worried because I'm so not a programmer AND I had no experience with Flash...