Topic: Oh no! SVPro slideshow interval is too fast for pic dwnload!

Hi Felix and friends,

Ok.. this morning I was reading an older post about how to make SVpro function like a slideshow [by adding setInterval to the ImageArea.init() function].
I am very happy to see that it's working, but now I'm running into the same issue as when I tried to make my own slideshow from scratch:
The interval initiates faster than each image can download. Of course this wouldn't be a problem if all the pics were stored in cache, but I intend this slideshow for a website.
Is setInterval the right choice for me?  Should I use a getTimer() loop instead.

I hope you have the time to help me out here.  I imagine that you know just what to do.

Thankyou!
.:Nils

Re: Oh no! SVPro slideshow interval is too fast for pic dwnload!

still desperately trying to figure out how to call
Delegate.create(this, onClickNext)
without having to use setInterval.
is there a seperate function that I can call in ImageArea that advances the movie to the next picture?
HELP!  THANKYOU!!
.:Nils

However you code the timer, you are going to run into the same issue with slow connections. There are a couple of options:
- use a longer interval
- use smaller images
- only go to the next image when it has completed loading

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

what I'd like to do is for it to proceed to the next image when it has completed loading.  I thought I could find a way to do that in "ImageArea" but haven't figured it out.  Since I can't just call "Delegate.create(this, onClickNext)"  I don't know how to make it wait until the image has stopped loading.
thanks for any help.