Topic: working locally but not online .. can't solve it

Hi,

As some other people I am facing the following problem: the gallery works fine locally but no longer on the internet.
Here is adress i try to make work:
http//amelie.canon.free.fr/Sweden

I did not specify any path. When i load pics only on the server I am able to see them, but when i load the simpleviewer file, the thumbnails and images do not show up ... I am giving up .. don't understand the solutions from FAQ sad

PS: it's my first step with personal webpage ...

Help ! smile

Re: working locally but not online .. can't solve it

Got it ... images were saved as .jpg and thumbnails as .JPG ... that was the pb !!!

The little stuff like that can make a big difference. I am currently having to change the extension on about 1300 pictures for that very same reason (the person who saved them in the first place wasn't paying attention...). Too bad once you upload it, something like that can totally kill a site.

I used ACDsee to create thumbnails and there are saved as .JPG automatically .. I had to rename them. It is a pain really .. i am sure there is a way to save them as .jpg directly .. but i am still new in the field .. need to learn a lot of tricks smile step after step .. But what a nice feeling when one finds the solution on its own, no ? smile

Got it ... images were saved as .jpg and thumbnails as .JPG ... that was the pb !!!

did you changed the PATH?  having the same problem but don't think its with the JPG, dont what to do anymore sad

i did not use the path

now i can load the gallery but my "welcome page" does not work anymore .. got "need flash player" message .. insane !!

is there anyone out there with a working simpleviewer album?? big_smile