Topic: Problem embedding SimpleViewer in web page

I took a look at your code and made some adjustments for my own needs, but I can't get the images to load.

I'm using SimpleViewer 1.7.1 because I use SimpleViewerAdmin to create galleries (I read that SimpleViewerAdmin doesn't support some of the

features of SimpleViewer 8).  Anyway, 1.7.1 uses the FlashObject instead of the SWFObject, but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Here is my folder tree:

gallery (folder where all SimpleViewer files live)
-----Test_Gallery (folder created by SimpleViewerAdmin)
----------images (folder with all images for Test Gallery)
----------thumbs (folder with all thumbs for Test Gallery
----------imageData.xml

I've created a specific page (gallery.php) to display the Test Gallery and my code is as follows:

<?
    include('includes/header_home.php');
?>
<!-- Download SimpleViewer at www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="gallery/flashobject.js"></script>
    <tr>
        <td valign="top">
        <div id="flashcontent" align="center"><p>To view photos this website requires Macromedia Flash installed on your computer.

You can download it free from this link: <a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/" target="_other">get
                                        Macromedia Flash</a>. If you already have Flash installed, <a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click here to view                   

gallery</a>.</p></div>

<script type="text/javascript">
            var fo = new FlashObject("gallery/viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#E2D3B4");   
            //var fo = new SWFObject("gallery/viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#E2D3B4");   
            fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xE2D3B4");
            fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery/Test_Gallery/imageData.xml");
            fo.write("flashcontent");   
        </script>   
        </td>
    </tr>
<? include('includes/footer.php'); ?>

The line: fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "gallery/Test_Gallery/imageData.xml");
seems to be working because when I bring up gallery.php everything appears like it's loading correctly (I can see the correct number of thumbnail boxes for each of the images in the gallery), but the main image area just says [loading image] but never appears.  I can use the arrows next to the thumbs to scroll through them and everything, it's just that all of the images are blank.

I assumed this was because the imagePath and thumbPath in the imageData.xml file were incorrect, but they are as follows:

imagePath="./Test_Gallery/images/" thumbPath="./Test_Gallery/thumbs/"   

I've tried every path variation I can think of but nothing works.  I've even checked the names of the files in the images and thumbs to make sure they match whats in the imageData.xml file and they match exactly.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Re: Problem embedding SimpleViewer in web page

This seems related to my problem at

http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … php?t=2509

I'm getting what you're getting, but only in version 7 of the flash player. In Flash 8 it works fine.

Not sure if this will fix your issue, but I was able to finally get it working.  In the imageData.xml file, I had to change the imagePath and thumbPath settings to the full path.  For example, imagePath="http://www.mydomain.com/gallery/images/" (the final forwared slash is also necessary or it won't work).

Hope this helps!

If i can i usualy just insert an Iframe with the simpleviewer HTML file without needed to modify anything. The only time i really use the embed html is for myspace.