Topic: buildgallery not generating thumbnails - it did before

I added new pics to images folder. ran buildgallery ... it only saw one picture in there. all pics were jpg saved for web in photoshop ... thumbnails not being generated, but full-size pics in there if x's clicked.

suggestions please!

also ... i am unclear, does buildgallery.php also generate a gallery.xml file. I made mine as before, with new pics, captions. Is there some kind of user interface for simpleviewer I am not finding?

thanks. kb

Re: buildgallery not generating thumbnails - it did before

thumbnails not being generated, but full-size pics in there if x's clicked.

that's odd. Try with a new folder. If that doesn't work, try one of the alternative methods for generating your gallery: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … truct.html

does buildgallery.php also generate a gallery.xml file.

Yes. There is no interface, you just run the script in your browser: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … truct.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

It's even worse now. All the thumbnails have disappeared.

I went and resaved all images as non-progressive jpg's (just to make sure), deleted the old images folder, made a new images folder, loaded the images. set permissions on everything to 777 ...

ran the script got this response:

Creating XML and thumbnails for SimpleViewer.
-------------------------------------------------

Sorting images by date.
Sorting images in forward order.

- Created Image Entry for: private_residence_nyc.jpg
- Created Thumbnail for: private_residence_nyc.jpg
- Created Image Entry for: plaster_corners.jpg
- Created Thumbnail for: plaster_corners.jpg
- Created Image Entry for: pink_plaster.jpg

so you can see it is ONLY seeing TWO images in the folder (there are eighteen).

This is ridiculous. At this point I am getting very irritated. i got the client to buy the gallery from you and I am spending all kinds of unbillable time on this now. I have been doing web stuff for almost 13 years, so it's not like I am some newbie idiot. I was looking for something to save ME work, not the other way around.

Needless to say, this does not encourage me to recommend it to anyone else.

I tried it with an empty thumbs folder and no thumbs folder ... thought that might be the issue - no luck

it's weird - i moved the folder to a different site, it ran the script, saw all the pics, but still didn't load thumbs ...

anyway, i finally just built the gallery on the desktop, using the iPhoto module and it worked fine.

uploaded to website.

gallery is up and running

i'm happy. client is happy.