Topic: Dynamically loading images

Is there a way to tweak the code so that all of the main images don't pre-load, but rather load only after you click on the thumbnail?

Thanks!

Rick

Re: Dynamically loading images

That would be a wonderful feature, as it would cut down on the processor load. Of course, if you want a gallery that does that, you could always use javascript.

The question of catcherintherye51 is good!!!

I have a system with many images, over 60 thumbnails per page and 6-10 pages per gallery.

The preloading is a performance tuning for the people who want to view the gallery sequentially. If i want to view the last image of a page i have to wait for the loading of all big images. NO GOOD!!!

The possible solutions i can view are two:
1. Stop preloading. And wait the load of the images i click.
2. Delay the preloading after the load of all the thumbnails. Then immediatly i can preview the gallery and after any seconds i ahve the gallery preloaded.

PS - I don't want javascript. I want the fx and the security of flash for my gallery.

If i want to view the last image of a page i have to wait for the loading of all big images. NO GOOD!!!

Not true. If you click the last thumbnail in a gallery it will load before any other images.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

1. Stop preloading. And wait the load of the images i click.

Having the images preload makes them load faster once you click on them.

It would be nice if something could be changed to where it would load all the thumbnails, then only preload the visible thumbnails. That way, the galleries could be larger without degrading performance by having so many images loaded.

I have a system with many images, over 60 thumbnails per page and 6-10 pages per gallery.

Out of curiousity, did you miss the little thing in the FAQ about how Simpleviewer was built more for galleries of about 50 pictures or less?

I'd really love this option to exist too big_smile

The 50 limit could be resolved with something similar to what has been mentioned with the preloading of current view only.... or possibly no pre loading beyond the first image???

Surely this could just be passed onto the flash file via a setting in the XML and then used with an if statement to control the preloading???