Topic: thumbnails are not showing

First I used Automatic via Server-side Script.  I ran the PHP build script and was able to create thumbnails and everything.  At least that's what it said when I ran it.  But I don't see any pictures.  My thumbs folder don't contain anything either.

Second I tried SimpleViewerAdmin.  With the folder of the album I created still there, I was able to see my thumbnails by uploading the photos again using the SimpleViewerAdmin.  But I did it again, and now it's not working.

Please help.  Thanks!

Re: thumbnails are not showing

i have the same problem, 1st i thought it was the file permission, but didnt helped.

i noticed that my index.html is still pointing to the default filename when we downloaded the simpleviewer.  is the simpleviewer supposed to update the index.html by itself?   thumbnails are created but can't view them on the webpage.

I actually gave up and decide to use Picasa.  It's very easy and it works!  smile

I actually gave up and decide to use Picasa.  It's very easy and it works!  smile

sorry for asking, but how do i use picassa with simpleviewer? smile

i have picassa, but how i use it for simpleviewer?

There is a template for Picasa that can be found in the Simpleviewer area of this site (I can't remember the exact location right off the top of my head...). Just download it and save it to the Picasa folder (I think under Web - Templates). After that is done, just open Picasa, select the images you want in the gallery, and choose "Export to Web Page". It will give you some options, and Simpleviewer Gallery will be one of them.

Good luck!

thanks for the info!

i am now uploading the files via FTP, hope everything goes well wink

was able to upload the file generated by picassa, pictures and thumbnails didnt show sad  worked when viewed on my pc before uploading

anyone out there who can help us? smile

Here are a few things to check if the pictures are not showing up correctly (or at all):

1. Are they saved as RGB?
2. Are they saved as "Non-Progressive"?
3. Is the file extension capitalized (.JPG)? If so, is it capitalized in your .xml?
4. Is your computer turned on? (sorry, I have to be sarcastic every once in a while...)

Most or all of these might cause the gallery to work fine locally, but not once it is uploaded. Good luck!

Here are a few things to check if the pictures are not showing up correctly (or at all):

1. Are they saved as RGB?
2. Are they saved as "Non-Progressive"?
3. Is the file extension capitalized (.JPG)? If so, is it capitalized in your .xml?
4. Is your computer turned on? (sorry, I have to be sarcastic every once in a while...)

Most or all of these might cause the gallery to work fine locally, but not once it is uploaded. Good luck!

thanks so much for the reply! no problem with your being sarcastic as long as you're trying to help. smile

1.) pictures from digicam, i believe they're in sRGB color space. smile
2.) don't really know about this, just resized the pictures using IRFANVIEW
3.) .jpg extensions both file and .xml
4.) yes, my pc is on even as i type this reply. smile