Topic: Vertical Scrolling in PostCardViewer

I have a PostCardViewer gallery of about 100 images, and I need vertical scrolling to work!

I removed the "overflow: hidden;" string from the .html file, which makes the scrolling bar appear, but still doesn't let me scroll down to see the rest of my pictures.

Please help!  Thanks...

Re: Vertical Scrolling in PostCardViewer

Try giving the swf a fixed pixel height instead of (100%).

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

To give your swf a fixed pixel height, in index.html, replace this:

var fo = new FlashObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#181818");        

with this:

var fo = new FlashObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "800", "1000", "7", "#181818");        

where 800 and 1000 are the width and height you require to fit your images.

Also to fit more images, try changing the cellDimension, columns and zoomOutPerc values in imagedata.xml.

Felix Turner

Felix,
Thanks for the fix by specifying absolute height and width. However, is it possible to have a scroll bar? I have a lot of photos, but I don't want to make the object height 1500 or something really long like that - I'd rather keep it small and allow the user to scroll if he/she wants.

Is this possible?

Felix,
Thanks for the fix by specifying absolute height and width. However, is it possible to have a scroll bar? I have a lot of photos, but I don't want to make the object height 1500 or something really long like that - I'd rather keep it small and allow the user to scroll if he/she wants.

Is this possible?

the main html contains something like:
<iframe name="target" src="./files/index.html" align="left"
width="400" height="550" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"
allowtransparency="true" id="target"></iframe>

just change 'scrolling to 'yes' and you have a scrollbar.

I've tried what you suggested, but it still cover 3 top images and 3 bottom images of my gallery (out of 15 images). Is there anything I can change on the .as files? I don't want to restrict the size because I might want to add or remove the photos later on.

Hi Martin,

I tried too. Add "overflow-y:auto;" and it works.

#flashcontent {
        height: 100%;
                overflow-y:auto; // <<==== add this line
    }

and don't forget to keep the changed mentioned above.

Remove overflow: hidden; from this section of code in your gallery's HTML index page:

html {
    height: 100%;
    overflow: hidden;
}

... and set the height of the gallery to be an absolute pixel value rather than a percentage, eg:

var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "1000", "8", "#181818");
Steven Speirs