Topic: Viewer working locally, but not online

I'm at a loss, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

I've used Simpleviewer successfully on one page of my website.  I've set up another folder and page for another gallery...which as far as I can tell is set up identically to the first...but the images and thumbnails won't show up??

When it goes to load images, it stops there.  The web page seems to by trying to access something...but just blank squares for thumbnails.  The title of the gallery is "Sample Title", which is NOT the title that shows up in my indexData.xml file.  So, I'm not sure where it's pulling that from.  I've cleared the cache repeatedly to no avail.

I'm at a loss!  I can view the gallery perfectly after creating it in Picasa.  All the pictures show up beautifully...so it's evidently happening at the server level.

I'm not well trained in HTML...so I'm having trouble figuring this one out.

Any help??

Re: Viewer working locally, but not online

Sounds like you missing some files when uplaoding. Upload the entire SimpleViewer gallery folder. Also, check the FAQ, Q3:  http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I checked the FAQs...  It's not an upper/lower case issue.  And I don't think it's a permission issue, as I have a simpleviewer gallery working on the same website with no issues.

The files I uploaded were the ones created by Picasa...all of them.  I've also tried doing it manually with a php script to create the xml data, and it didn't work either.  Same result!

All it does it try to load the first image...with empty boxes for thumbnails... I can use the arrows for navigation on the bottom of the thumbnails, so it's not "frozen", but nothing's there.  It still has 13 image boxes, just like the "demo".  And, as I mentioned the gallery title is "Example Title".

Here's what I've got in my folder on the website: (Picasa generated)

[image folder]
[thumbnails folder]  the imageData.xml directs to these, I've checked...
flashobject.js
imageData.xml
index.html
readme.txt
viewer.swf

Any other advice?  Thanks!

Sounds like you missing some files when uplaoding. Upload the entire SimpleViewer gallery folder. Also, check the FAQ, Q3:  http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … r/faq.html

just wondering what is the meaning of hotlink?

Just a couple of random questions, but are the pictures saved as RGB and non-progressive? That has messed me up in the past...

I assume the pictures are fine, as is...  Since they show up perfectly on my computer.  When I run simpleviewer locally, there are no issues...and the pics are still running through the flash viewer.

Because the gallery/album title comes up as "Example Title", it appears that it's trying to load an imageData.xml file from somewhere else?  But I don't know where or why.

It's certainly not accessing the one in the folder, or even if the pictures didn't load, it would have the proper album title listed.

Thanks for the suggestions...keep 'em coming!

Whats the URL?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

This is the link to the page I'm trying to create:

http://www.theclogdog.com/photos/stuttgart/index.html

This is the page I have successfully used a Simpleviewer gallery on:

http://www.theclogdog.com/photos/wedding/index.html

Because the gallery/album title comes up as "Example Title", it appears that it's trying to load an imageData.xml file from somewhere else?  But I don't know where or why.

how about the number of thumbnails?  how many did it show?

I believe it showed 13, which was the number of pics in the sample gallery that comes with the download.  I actually had more pictures than that in my images folder (and thumbnails folder).  What's confusing me, is that my imageData.xml file shows all the photos in my folder.

I believe it showed 13, which was the number of pics in the sample gallery that comes with the download.  I actually had more pictures than that in my images folder (and thumbnails folder).  What's confusing me, is that my imageData.xml file shows all the photos in my folder.

you might have uploaded the wrong xml file?

you might have uploaded the wrong xml file?

Nope...I've downloaded it from the folder and checked it.  It's the correct xml file.   :?