Topic: Stronger xml syntax

Hello,

I try to use the viewer on my website but i ran into the following problem, the xml is expected to have the following syntax:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<simpleviewerGallery ... imagePath="images" thumbPath="thumbs">

<image>

<filename>filename.jpg</filename>

<caption>title</caption>    

</image>

</simpleviewerGallery>

And my CMS provides me with urls all pointing to the same direcoty, and are seperated from eachother by an id.(to have a look: http://217.121.193.135/viewgallery.jsp?gallery=2350 (temporary link))

So, my question is, are there some hidden attributes, which can be used to override the filename, imagePath and thumbPath attributes? I personally was thinking in the line of:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<simpleviewerGallery ...>

<image>

<image-filename>http&#58;//217.121.193.135/mmbase/images/2386</image-filename>
        <thumb-filename>http&#58;//217.121.193.135/mmbase/images/12723</thumb-filename>

<caption>_bloemen_051</caption>    

</image>

</simpleviewerGallery>

If this functionality is not in the current viewer, when can it be expected to be implemented (or something that offers that functionalty). It should be a very little change in the code, but it would put the viewer in a much better position for dynamic/cms systems

Re: Stronger xml syntax

Exactly what I need. I generate thumbnails of all different sizes and need to specify a thumbnail with the dimensions in the file name.

I am running into the same problem.  I have a CMS I want to integrate simpleviewer, but cannot because the filenames of images and thumbs are not the same.  In addition, not all images are located in the same directory so I would need to set the absolute path.

I noticed both the free and pro version have this limitation. 

I agree with Eduard Witteveen fully. This could be a simple fix by just adding support for two additional child nodes in the image tag, image-filename and thumb-filename.  And this would be backward compatible because old behavior would take effect if these nodes weren't present.

There are a lot of CMS systems out there, and given the fact that simpleviewer is the most popular flash based viewer out there, I think there could be a good amount of additional support for simpleviewer if it added this feature.

I am running into the same issue. SimpleViewer is great, but this is a limitation for a lot of users out there.
Would be great if there was the possibility to specify the filename for the thumbnail

~Bernd

I really need the ability to specify absolute filenames for simpleviewer to be of any use.  Im planning to buy the pro version as well. right now im just using not-as-impressive javascript to achieve a similar affect. i would be willing to put some meny into getting it as there is no other flash image viewers of such high quality.

Hi,

There are currently no plans to change the way the SimpleViewer image URLs are specified.

Using the 'imagePath' , 'thumbPath' and 'xmlDataPath' config options gives some flexibility on gallery file structure.

Also, most CMS software will allow you to modify the generated XMl and folder structure for a gallery.

If that doesn't do it, SimpleViewer-Pro comes with the source code which can be modified to accept whatever XML format your CMS software generates.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I need the same functionality, however I've paid for Simpleviewer-pro.

I'm just waiting for my download link for the most up to date version, then I will post a tutorial in the Simpleviewer-pro thread on how to do what you require. I've already done what we require with the source code in an earlier version, but obviously don't want to post about that as it's out of date.

To be perfectly honest, for the very modest fee of $40, guys, it's really worth paying for the pro version and customising it.

I can guarantee that what you require can be done...