Topic: SimpleViewer doesn't look right after .FLA republish

I opened the .fla file to remove the "SimpleViwer" text from the Preloader. I did this and then republished the index.html and viewer.swf file. Now it all looks weired. The images were all shoved to the top of the page and only are showing the thumbnail sizes. What could I have done wrong?

Re: SimpleViewer doesn't look right after .FLA republish

I am using Flash MX 7.2

Ok I redownloaded Simpleviewer pro. I opened the flash file again. before I made any changes I published a new .swf file to see if if that worked. The published .swf looks just as bad. So something is up with the publish settings.

Sure it isnt in the XML ?

Else check ur directories are correct, also try running viewer.swf, to see if positions are wrong or so.

Can you post a example? smile

I tried just playing the viewer.swf and it works fine!! I wonder why it didn't work through index.html.

This is exactly the same for me - with a brand new download of sv pro i opened the .fla file in flash and published to the viewer.swf.
this totally mucked it up - the thumbs were almost off the screen on the top right and the main image is huge in the middle.
I wanted to be able to play around with the viewer and edit it but i cant publish any changes as they are all over the place.

blackrat999, it sounds like you may have modified the XML in some way. Try re-downloading the zip and publishing the original FLA. Open the published SWF by opening index.html in the 'web' folder.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.