Topic: Problem with embedding to html

I've created a site with Flash 8 Pro which I created a button linking simpleviewer's gallery via a getURL. It works fine on my computer when I publish/ test movie. The problem is with my uploaded html coding. I get a blank page with the background color only with no preloader or gallery/images.
thanks in advance, anything would be appreciated.

mackfx

www.mackfx.com

Re: Problem with embedding to html

I've had this happen because I had a <base> tag in the header, and none of the links in the auto-generated index.html file (from picasa) had the correct directory prefix.

I can't right-click and view the source on your page though, the flash is covering everything. Can you post your html here for us to look at?

As requested here's a copy of the HTML:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en">
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />
<title>mackfx_web07a</title>
</head>
<body bgcolor="#cccccc">
<div id="flashcontent">
SimpleViewer requires Macromedia Flash.
<a href="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer/">
Get Macromedia Flash.</a> If you have Flash installed,
<a href="index.html?detectflash=false">click to view gallery</a>
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">         
var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer",
"640", "480", "7", "#181818");             
fo.write("flashcontent");         
</script>
<!--url's used in the movie-->
<a href="simpleviewer/index.html"></a>
<a href="MIU.html"></a>
<!--text used in the movie-->
<!--
<p align="left"></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="11" color="#339933" letterSpacing="0.000000" kerning="1"><b>In 1996, I earned an Associate of Science degree in Radio and Television Production, which evolved into a technical career with Univision and Discovery Channel Latin America networks. This experience heightened my interest in graphic arts and visual effects. In 2006, I completed my Bachelor in Fine Arts in Visual FX and Motion Graphics at Miami International University of Art and Design.</b></font></p><p align="left"></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="11" color="#339933" letterSpacing="0.000000" kerning="1"><b>My interest in abstract expressionism plays an important part of my art. I love the challenge of working between the media of video, photography, 2D and 3D elements in the creation of motion graphic designs. My experience in broadcasting is a driving force to most of my work in product campaigns and corporate branding. </b></font></p><p align="left"></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="11" color="#339933" letterSpacing="0.000000" kerning="1"><b>In addition, my fascination with architectural design, both interior and exterior, has steered another aspect of my art. &nbsp;My attention to detail &nbsp;influences the production of 3D modeling and visual compositing for realism in final renderings. </b></font></p><p align="left"></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="11" color="#339933" letterSpacing="0.000000" kerning="1"><b>I see myself collaborating amongst a group of creative people that enjoy what they do. I look forward to working with an advertising agency, post-production house, or a television network, &nbsp;that encourages &nbsp;personal and professional development. </b></font></p><p align="left"></p><p align="left"></p>
<p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="22" color="#339933" letterSpacing="1.000000" kerning="1"><b>Contact </b></font></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="22" color="#339933" letterSpacing="1.000000" kerning="1"><b>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Aidan Mackesy</b></font></p><p align="left"></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="22" color="#339933" letterSpacing="1.000000" kerning="1"><b>mackFX@earthlink.net</b></font></p><p align="left"></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="22" color="#339933" letterSpacing="1.000000" kerning="1"><b>day &nbsp;415.645.3076</b></font></p><p align="left"><font face="Arial" size="22" color="#339933" letterSpacing="1.000000" kerning="1"><b>evening &nbsp;415.447.2737</b></font></p>
-->
<!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet -->
<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="800" height="600" id="mackfx_web07a" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="mackfx_web07a.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#cccccc" /><embed src="mackfx_web07a.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#cccccc" width="800" height="600" name="mackfx_web07a" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>
</body>
</html>
I appreciate any help you can provide, Thank you in advance.

mack

I used your code and your XML file and it worked fine on my server. When I delete the "viewer.swf" file from the directory that the html file is in, I get a blank black screen, with nothing loading. Do you have "viewer.swf" in the same directory (simpleviewer)?

That file, "viewer.swf" is in the simplerviewer folder. Could it be something to do with my web server?