Topic: Changing Navigation Arrows to Text

I have a client that wants to change the arrows to say "previous page" and "next page" along with the arrow symbols for the navigation under the thumbnails. Is this possible to do and if so, how complicated would it be?

Thanks!

Re: Changing Navigation Arrows to Text

To change the buttons, you need to open the library symbol in flash and change it on the stage. Check step 2.3 in the documentation here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … ation.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Thanks, Felix. I got that, but then the text flips backwards and I can't say "previous page" because the arrow symbol is only programmed once. So, that's why I'm wondering how complicated it would be to do what I want. Thanks!

I know this is an old thread, but I'd also like to change the arrows to text. Has anyone ever figured this out?

Thanks,

Andrew

check my post at the top of this thread.

Felix Turner

Thanks for the quick response. I did read the help file, and was attempting to follow the instructions there. But I ran into the same problems as the OP with  the text flipped backwards because the arrow symbol appears to only be programmed once.

I can change the right pointing arrow to text, but then ThumbBackButton shows the same text flipped backwards. However, when I preview the flash there is no back button at all.

Sorry if I'm missing something in the instructions, but I'd appreciate any advice.

Cheers,

Andrew

Don't use the arrow symbols. Use a separate text field for each button symbol.

Felix Turner

Okay, I figured it out. I think the OP and I were making the same mistake at first by trying to change the "arrow" symbol instead of the "ThumbBackButton" and "ThumbNextButton". After a bit of trial and error what I did was create two new symbols called "back" and "more" with the text I wanted to display. Then I went to "ThumbBackButton" and "ThumbNextButton" and in properties I selected "swap" and chose the new symbols I just created. For the back button I had to flip it horizontally.

This way I could change the color with pagingArrowsColor in options.as. If I just deleted the old symbols and typed new text, this didn't work for me.

Now if I could apply a hover colour I would be really happy.

Cheers,

Andrew