Topic: PNG support

Actually i was wondering is there anything i can modify in the actionscript code to allow the display of png's?
flash 8 supports png's now so i was wondering if i could make a change to the image script and get support for png's?
would this have to be a whole recode? or some function replacements to allow png support?
I need png's with my gallery because i need to be able to display pictures that have say a 68000 color count and jpg always drops it down to 60000 which drains the color out.
I use drupal and i dont think i can convert png to swf, but if someone has heard of that please let me know.
i need to be able to display high resolution images with simpleviewer, this is a sweet program, but its a necessity.
thanks for your help.
-=Levi=-

Re: PNG support

SimpleViewer is published to Flash 7 to allow more people to use it without installs. Publishing it to Flash 8 would be possible by purchasing SimpleViewer-PRO: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simpleviewer/pro/

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Re: PNG support

I do have simpleviewer-PRO
my boss bought it last week because i needed a gallery that worked with a drupal module that was already written as i dont have the time right now and i need this site finished soon.
The site is a photo gallery though and the person is a stickler for graphical purity, jpg drops 8000 colors, so i need png which retains the color depth.

I compiled the simpleviewer fla file using flash 8 and i selected flash 8 from the drop down, saved the swf and imported it into my directory that the module uses. ohhh.... hmmm i need to check something.
i dont think the xml is posting the png it might have a jpg only statement in there, im going to check.
oh btw was looking at documentation, your the writer, great job, love the program.
ohhh sweet.
ok so heres the fix if someone else needs to use png in the simpleviewer module for drupal.

add this code
<code>
elseif ($info['extension'] == 'png')
{
return TRUE;

</code>
to this function:
<code>
function flash_gallery_is_jpg($path) {
  $info = image_get_info($path);
  if ($info['extension'] == 'jpg') {
    return TRUE;