Topic: Seamless Rotation

I desperately need to find a way to make Autoviewer just loop around to the first image after the last rather than resetting by rewinding. Is this possible?

Re: Seamless Rotation

It depends how desperate you are.  just kidding smile

actually this is quite a complex change. I imagine the way you would do it would be to duplicate the entire image strip. Then add the duplicate strip on the end of the first. As the strips scroll to the right you would switch out the strips to achieve the illusion of 1 looping strip: A|B to B|A.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

I tried to figure out a simple way to do this today - the only thing I came up with was using galleryData.xml to duplicate the loaded images enough times that no reasonable person browsing the gallery would surpass.  The way the loading works it doesn't appear to make the load times any different assuming the user doesn't scroll to the end in a hurry.  Anyway, not exactly the desired solution but it works. 

Brian

Well I have to get this sorted out by Friday. I'd was under the mistaken impression that the boss was thrilled with the way the images were showing. For the time being I'm just duplicating the image references in the XML files as brianchapman suggested just so I can get this site launched.
I'm wondering if there's something I could put in the XML file that would trigger the autoviewer to start again with the first image?

Nice trick, but a better solution would be important.