Topic: Different thumbnail sizes

Hello,
I would like to have different sizes for different thumbnails.  For example: I would like "portrait" thumbnails be 64px height and 48px width, and "landscape" thumbnails be 48px height and 64px width (all in the same gallery).  That way, there is no distortion/loss from the full image (640x480 and 480x640 let's say).  I can get the full images to display in the correct size ratio of course, but i would like to do that for the thumbnails as well so they are not all "square".

Is that possible to do with Simple Gallery or the Pro version?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Different thumbnail sizes

SV-PRO allows you to specify a thumbnailWidth and thumbnailHeight for all thumbs, however it does not support different shaped thumbs for each image. To achieve this you would need to modify the SV-PRO code.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Gotcha.  Is there a collection of samples of modifications that people have implemented and willing to share with the community?  If not, it would be great to have a section on this website where people can post their mods (of course, in a way that still requires people to purchase SV-PRO to use the mods).  Perhaps even just code samples for common/interesting mods.

Thanks again for the prompt reply Felix.

OK and for the Programmatically and Flash scripting challenged people out there, like myself, any hints or tips as to how to do this?

This is something that I would love to be able to do.

I have purchased SV-PRO and love it, but as yet I am not the flash genius that I would like to be, so as I said before any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dave

smile

Instructions are here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … #asoptions

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.