Topic: Is it possible to set the viewer background to invisible

Hi.
i have the pro version and am learning fast - my site would just be perfect if i could match the background image to the viewer background image - but if i could make it invisible in the viewer that would make it easy !
any help here greatfully received
cheers

ps - I dont think you can see the join (and i know where it is) but i have had to fiddle about for ages to get this background to match up with the page background http://www.heatheremb.co.uk/gallery.html if it were invisible it would be just perfect !

Re: Is it possible to set the viewer background to invisible

You can make the SimpleViewer background transparent by adding this line under the SWFObject line in index.html: fo.addParam("wmode", "transparent")

So your code will look like:

<script type="text/javascript">
var fo = new SWFObject&#40;"viewer.swf", "viewer", "100%", "100%", "7", "#181818"&#41;;
fo.addParam&#40;"wmode", "transparent"&#41;     
fo.write&#40;"flashcontent"&#41;;    
</script>
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix - i really appreciate your help, sorry to sound a bit thick but i have my viewer in a new page at

http://www.heatheremb.co.uk/gallery.html

so it isnt in the index.html. i dont have that line of code in my page so is it possible to set the background invisible still ? if so where do i put it !!
thanks

You have this...

<noscript>
  <object classid="clsid&#58;D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="your_url_here..." width="534" height="417">
    <param name="movie" value="viewer.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="BGCOLOR" value="#831401" />
    <embed src="viewer.swf" width="534" height="417" quality="high" pluginspage="your_url_here..." type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#831401"></embed>
  </object>
</noscript>

... and you'll want to make the following changes to it:

<noscript>
  <object classid="clsid&#58;D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="your_url_here..." width="534" height="417">
    <param name="movie" value="viewer.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="BGCOLOR" value="#831401" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    <embed src="viewer.swf" width="534" height="417" quality="high" pluginspage="your_url_here..." type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#831401" wmode="transparent"></embed>
  </object>
</noscript>

You're inserting this: <param name="wmode" value="transparent"> right after <param name="BGCOLOR"...
Make sure to insert this into your <embed> tag as well.

This tells the player to render content against a transparent background (the default behavior is opaque). That should fix you up!

One more thing, blackrat...

Your gallery.xml file is malformed. You have a redundant backgroundImagePath setting. (The first one points to your jpeg background, the second is null.)

After you get your gallery going with a transparent window, you can delete backgroundImagePath="swfbackground.jpg"

sorry for the big delay in thanking you! just seen your post.
cheers.