Topic: Loading a SWF instead of JPEG

I get stalemated when trying to load a SWF file instead of a JPEG.  Is there a file type handler that i need to activate somehow or what else besides a correct filename in the XML file do I need to do? 

Thanks
Neil

Re: Loading a SWF instead of JPEG

There is no extra code required. Just add the swf filename in the filename tag, like this:

<image>
    <filename>myswf.swf</filename>
</image>
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

The board won't let me post URLs for you to see what's going on, but if you go to my blog or weddings site and look at he most recent gallery you can see the problem. The SWF file has an audio track - could that be the problem?

well, actually too many people will be viewing that page today I need to correct the errors...but anyway the SWF files were 30FPS with an audio sample they can be seen on my blog...

safari's activity list gave me a clue as to the problem. It seems that it looks for a SWF thumbnail too!  I didn't think of that and it must be the reason its not loading the main image too.....

Yes, you are right - SimpleViewer will expect a thumbnail SWF with the same name as the main SWF in the 'thumbs' folder.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.