Topic: Caption Questions

Hi, I have SV Pro and have two questions:

1) How do you turn the captions off?

2) Can you have the captions display something other than the image name?  Can you pull other metadata from the file as the caption??

Thanks is advance!  :shock:

Re: Caption Questions

1) How do you turn the captions off?

set the showCaptions AS option to false (see here: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … tions.html ), or remove caption tags from 'gallery.xml'.

2) Can you have the captions display something other than the image name? Can you pull other metadata from the file as the caption??

The caption will display whatever you type into the caption tag in the XML document. There is no way that I know of to automatically pull other meta data into the captions.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

YOU'RE THE MAN FELIX!!!  Thanks!

Felix wrote:

1)] There is no way that I know of to automatically pull other meta data into the captions.

This should really be something that is added into SimpleViewer...if not at least the Pro version!

People are using Metadata more & more these days & it only makes sense that SimpleViewer can extract meta data from the image file & insert it into the caption lines.

Isn't that why we have the meta data field "captions" & automation in SimpleViewer & other autobuilding galleries??

Posts [ 4 ]

Pages 1

You must login or register to post a reply