Topic: Image Depth - Push image beneath border

Hello All.

I had a follow-up question to a previous post about creating rounded edges for the images. As his post was never really responded to, here goes a new thread with a twist and a partial solution.

I have managed to alter the actionscript code to create a frame with a radius, both for the image and thumbnail and will post the solution here shortly.  My question though, is how to push the image beneath the frame around it.  As it is the image sits on top of the dynamically drawn frame, destroying the appearance of the rounded edge on the 'inside' of the frame.  The frame is rounded on the inside, and can be seen briefly as the image fades in. 

Can anybody tell me how to push the image back a layer or two to hide behind the frame?

Thank you for your help and collective support.

m.

Re: Image Depth - Push image beneath border

Can anybody tell me how to push the image back a layer or two to hide behind the frame?

try switching the order of these 2 lines in the Image.as constructor

mFrame_mc = mClip_mc.createEmptyMovieClip("frame",mClip_mc.getNextHighestDepth());    
mLoader_mc = mClip_mc.createEmptyMovieClip("loader",mClip_mc.getNextHighestDepth());    
Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix,

The tip about swapping worked like a charm.  There is still a bit of an artifact in the corners when it renders, but it is minimal and tolerable.

My solution had been to add "clip_mc.swapDepths(99999);"  to the beginning of the RectUtil.as code that draws the rectangle.  A bit of a hack so I have reverted to your way as it is a bit cleaner.

Here is a sample: (sorry, still working my way up to 5 posts)
matynka dot com slash didi

Incidentally, it looks like the images are preloading in reverse order.  How can I reverse that?

hy type88

how did you have realised the round corners for thumbs and images? - i mean, where have you added the rounded border part in the movie?

thanx,

csae

I'm interested in the solution on this as well.  Please provide the procedure for rounded corners.

Thanks.