Topic: caption position

Good morning

how can i put the caption at the bottom of image?

and how can i do for see title on each image and is it possible to have diferent title in the same viewver?

thank you

Patbonf

Re: caption position

Patbonf,

Disclaimer: This is the way I did it because it worked for what I was trying to do - it is most likely not the best for everything so just use this as a starting point!

There is an option in the Options.as file that sets the caption padding from each edge of the image - it's called captionPadding.  You will need to create a new option called something like captionVPadding and then use that to position the caption vertically while leaving captionPadding alone to position the caption horizontally. 

The Image.as source file has the following line:
mcCaption._y = Options.captionPadding + mXMLManager.frameWidth;

You will need to change that line to this (assuming your new option is called captionVPadding):
mcCaption._y = Options.captionVPadding + mJPGHeight;

mJPGHeight is set at the beginning of the function Image (you don't need to do anything to use it) so you are basically setting the vertical position of the caption to the height of the image (which would put it at the bottom) plus an additional padding amount - mine is +15 because I wanted the caption below the image but if you want the caption at the bottom of the image you will need to use a negative padding amount so it is moved "up" the image instead of below it.

I'm not sure I understand the second question either...

Brian

how can i put the caption at the bottom of image?

Check here:
http://www.airtightinteractive.com/foru … php?p=7583

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

brianchapman wrote:

Patbonf,

Disclaimer: This is the way I did it because it worked for what I was trying to do - it is most likely not the best for everything so just use this as a starting point!

There is an option in the Options.as file that sets the caption padding from each edge of the image - it's called captionPadding.  You will need to create a new option called something like captionVPadding and then use that to position the caption vertically while leaving captionPadding alone to position the caption horizontally. 

The Image.as source file has the following line:
mcCaption._y = Options.captionPadding + mXMLManager.frameWidth;

You will need to change that line to this (assuming your new option is called captionVPadding):
mcCaption._y = Options.captionVPadding + mJPGHeight;

mJPGHeight is set at the beginning of the function Image (you don't need to do anything to use it) so you are basically setting the vertical position of the caption to the height of the image (which would put it at the bottom) plus an additional padding amount - mine is +15 because I wanted the caption below the image but if you want the caption at the bottom of the image you will need to use a negative padding amount so it is moved "up" the image instead of below it.

Brian

wow! THIS WORK!!! This worked for me, i did replace the Options.captionPadding to Options.captionVPadding in Options.as and then i replace all the Options.captionPadding to Options.captionVPadding in the image.as file, then recompile and tha’s it.  smile

How can i caption at the bottom position of image...?

environmental management system

Last edited by Abir454588 (2013-03-22 07:40:22)

@Abir454588

There are no configuration options to change the position of the captions in AutoViewer-Pro.
However, AutoViewer-Pro does come with modifiable source code so with Adobe Flash Professional and knowledge of ActionScript, you may be able to achieve your goal.
Instructions for 'Customizing Source Code' can be found here.

Steven Speirs
SimpleViewer Support Team.