Topic: Tabs, firefox and mac

Hey all,

Recently purchased this and my buddy who is making the website has been trying to figure out the code. It works fine on his system (windows) and on mine (mac) it works ok on safari.

But in firefox if I have another tab running, I get into problems when I switch between tabs - the pics vanish but return if the pointer rolls over where they are meant to be. I thought it was a bug in FF itself (as safari is ok) but when I tried the same thing on the example galleries from the main website, the problem does not occur.

Maybe something with the source/coding? I can't post the website but if you could contact me by PM I could send a link.

Also, the custom slideshow in flash does this, and he thinks it's the SWF-Loading engine, whatever it's called.

The thing he thinks it is, is because it's uses AJAX, the page loads, then the gallery is being loaded, then when it's loaded it calls this (in JS):

function WriteGallery(){
   $('flashcontent').style.display = "block";
   var width = document.body.clientWidth - 150 + "px";
   var fo = new SWFObject("viewer.swf", "viewer", width, "100%", "7", "#f1f1f1");
   fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0x000000");
   fo.addVariable("xmlDataPath", "galleries/"+$('gallery').innerHTML+".xml");
   fo.write("flashcontent");
}

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: Tabs, firefox and mac

But in firefox if I have another tab running, I get into problems when I switch between tabs - the pics vanish but return if the pointer rolls over where they are meant to be.

I'm not aware of that issue. Does it happen every time? Do you have the latest Flash player installed for Firefox?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Hi,

Yes I have the latest flash and it happens each and every time. I can post you a screencast I have of it or just the link for the website?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Saqib.

No updates?

please post a URL and I'll take a look.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

thanks for the reply.

I will have to post another couple times before I can post a site!