Topic: How do I show the filename?

I would like to use SimpleViewer-Pro to show the photo filename when I create proofing galleries for my customers so they can easily reference individual pictures. Is there an easy way to do this?

Re: How do I show the filename?

Yes, try one of the automatic gallery generation methods: http://www.airtightinteractive.com/simp … truct.html

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

Felix - I know how to generate a gallery. My specific question is if there is a way to show the filename with each photograph. That way, customers can reference the filename when placing orders.

DisneyMike, outputting filenames is simply done. Edit the StageManager.as script by changing line 269

mCaption_mc.txtText.htmlText = cap;

to

mCaption_mc.txtText.htmlText = mXMLManager.imageFileNames&#91;index&#93; + "<br/>" + cap;

My example here prepends the file name to any caption text present and separates each with a linefeed. If there is no caption text, only the filename is displayed.

If you're not interested in seeing caption text, whether or not it's in the gallery.xml file, change the line to

mCaption_mc.txtText.htmlText = mXMLManager.imageFileNames&#91;index&#93;;

and only the filename will display.

tigerstare - That's exactly what I wanted to know. Thank you so much for your help.

You're more than welcome.

I cannot seem to find the text in the new version of Simple Viewer Pro.  I would like the filename to show as the caption!