Topic: Simple Viewer 1.8, Picasa 2, Simple Viewer Admin 1.4 Issues

Hello folks, I was wondering if someone could help me out here.
I have setup the following:
Simple Viewer 1.8
Picasa 2
Simple Viewer Admin 1.4 Issues

What I usually do is copy the SV1.8 files to a directory on the server, then create new galleries using AVAdmin and then generate the images and thumbnails using the Picasa using the template for simple viwer and upload the files to the respective folders...it all works dandy until I tried to move to SV1.8 & SVAdmin 1.4.

Issues.

1. When I try to creat a new gallery it sometimes gives me the following error.

Can't read file: ./test/gallery.xml

2. When I ftp the files up to server and then publisb the last image using the AVAdmin console, it only shows the file that I used SVAdmin to upload, all the other ones are Xd out.  Doing this with the SVAdmin 1.3 allowed all the images to be viewed.

3. Even though my flash is up to date, the gallery will not show on IE (maybe even other browers) It says you need to install Falsh

ANy thought and comments would be appreciated.

Thanks Guys

Re: Simple Viewer 1.8, Picasa 2, Simple Viewer Admin 1.4 Issues

OK Number 2 is fixed, the folder for thumbnails was labelled inaccurately.  Fixed...the other two issues remain.

Please help.

sva 1.4b is still beta as that b said. more testings are needed. just do your regular trial and error first, and let us know what comes up. point 3 should be related to flash_object.js or swfobject.js. just check out your other post here. it was answered there. check topic 1554, if not mistaken, can't give you the link yet till 5 days.

cheers

Topic 1554....I dont follow please explain....you will get another post out of it :-)

jchaggar, you don't follow what you asked for. check topic under 'Upgraded to 1.8, followed upgrade directions, still no go...'. i can't provide the forum link yet till 5 days wink, but you can view or type this 'forum/viewtopic.php?t=1554' to you your address bar. that's where you asked about point 3. the problem is not simpleviewer. it's related to your swfobject or flashobject or as you said flash_detect, whatever. cheers