Topic: multiple-galleries loader and button action problem

hello!

i have integrated 5 sv-galleries in my existing fla-website, with a modified version of the actionscript in "multiple_galleries.fla". because of my website-structure i would need the button action code with 5 different loadernames...

can anyone help me please with an example of such an action-script?!

t h a n x !  smile

talie

//Set button actions
this.photographieMenu_mc.menu1_mc.photo_gal_01_btn.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("glitz.xml");   
}
this.photographieMenu_mc.menu1_mc.photo_gal_02_btn.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("trees.xml");       
}
this.photographieMenu_mc.menu1_mc.photo_gal_03_btn.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("urban.xml");       
}
this.tape_art_Menu_mc.menu2_mc.tape_gal_01_btn.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("people.xml");       
}
this.tape_art_Menu_mc.menu2_mc.tape_gal_02_btn.onRelease = function(){
    loadGallery("nature.xml");       
}
function loadGallery(galName){
    _root.xmlDataPath = galName;  
    gal_ldr.loadMovie("viewer.swf");
}

Re: multiple-galleries loader and button action problem

Hi,

not sure what the question is here... Is your code working? Are you getting an error?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

no, it's not working... no error... if i delete the first part (this.photographieMenu_mc.) of the "loadGallery("glitz.xml")-code it functionates (except the glitz-gallery), but the other galleries only work, after clicking the glitz gallery...

i guess i would need a code, with 5 different loader names... instead of this global one at the end of your code?

function loadGallery(galName){
    _root.xmlDataPath = galName; 
    gal_ldr.loadMovie("viewer.swf");
}

i thinking of something like: after clicking on btn1, load gallerie1.xml and in a loader named loader1 load movie "viewer.swf"

talie

Hi, not sure why you want to load the galleries in 5 different swfs? Can you not use the example code and just add 2 more buttons?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

no. i can not use the example code and just add 2 more buttons... and i dont want to load 5 different swfs!

i want one swf to load in 5 different loaders... one loader for each gallery. on click of 1_btn i want the 1.xml-data to be read and a loader named 1_ldr to load the one and only viewer.swf.

but with your code, there is only one loader loading the swf, feeded by the individual xml-file by click on the individual gal_btn.

my fla is structured (or unstructered) in a way, which makes it neccessary to use 5 different loader-components. a n d   i m a little bit unamused about this "conversation" about understanding and not understanding... of course i could also just put a link on my button, which is directed to the index.html in another frame. but that is not a solution for my problem. could ask myself: why do you want to use a simple-viewer-gallery anyway?