Topic: not allowing > 4 thumbnails

i've got a bizarre problem, i searched the forum and it looks like its just me

i have multigallery setup, with two thumnails showing at a time, but if i add more then 4 images to each xml sheet, the extra thumbnails do not show up, and the forward and back navigation gets screwed up.

a testing site is freshaestheticsDOTcom/blix2/ under portfolio >St Barnabus Church

example of XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<simpleviewerGallery maxImageWidth="480" maxImageHeight="384" textColor="000000" frameColor="000000"

frameWidth="0" stagePadding="40" thumbnailColumns="2" thumbnailRows="1" navPosition="right" title="st.barnabas

church design" enableRightClickOpen="false" backgroundImagePath="" imagePath="portfolio/gallery5/images/"

thumbPath="portfolio/gallery5/thumbs/">
<image>
    <filename>1.jpg</filename>
    <caption>photoshop: boxboard model
exterior perspective 2006</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <filename>2.jpg</filename>
exterior street perspective 2006</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <filename>6.jpg</filename>
    <caption>final pdf images
1:200 plan drawings</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <filename>3.jpg</filename>
    <caption>photoshop plastic, foam core and wood veneer model
internal perspective of worship space</caption>   
</image>
<image>
    <filename>1.jpg</filename>
exterior perspective 2006</caption>   
</image>
</simpleviewerGallery>

any help would be greatly appreciated

- i've tried copying and pasting one image entry over and over - but still doesnt allow more then 4 images
- tried resaving with non-progressive jpgs

Re: not allowing > 4 thumbnails

:?:  anything? or is this just me?

if i add more then 4 images to each xml sheet, the extra thumbnails do not show up, and the forward and back navigation gets screwed up.

How is the navigation screwed up? Did you try starting over from scratch?

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

if i add more then 4 images to each xml sheet, the extra thumbnails do not show up, and the forward and back navigation gets screwed up.

How is the navigation screwed up? Did you try starting over from scratch?

well, when use the page, the "back" and "forward" button act like there is more then 4 images (cause there is in te xml) - Thus the forward button doesnt dissapear on the last set of thumbnails, it stays there cause im guessing its reading that there are more images coming, however eventhough there are more images, it navigates back to the first 2 thumbnails.

did you get a chance to check out the site? it hard to describe in words, better in practise.

yeah that is odd. You can get to the 5th image using the keyboard nav. Have you modified the AS that handles the thumbnail paging?

Felix Turner

yeah that is odd. You can get to the 5th image using the keyboard nav. Have you modified the AS that handles the thumbnail paging?

only to the options.as file, i double checked the other as files, but they're the same as the zip originals.

i increased the thumbnails to 3 and 4 per page, and it showed 6 and 8 images respectively - but no more. so basically is only showed 2 'pages' of thumbnails whatever the thumbnailsColumns were set in the xml doc.

It looks like you thumbnail area is being cut-off by the edge of the swf. Try setting your 'thumbnailColumns' to 2

Felix Turner

It looks like you thumbnail area is being cut-off by the edge of the swf. Try setting your 'thumbnailColumns' to 2

do you mean in the xml or hardcoding it in one of the *.as files? its already done in the xml files (first post)