Topic: more preloader questions

ive read thru all the preloader posts here, but i still cant get it the way i want it.

im trying to chage the color of mcBar, this is the last little problem ive got on my project :shock: anyone got a clue where to change it? ive tried changing it in the source(.fla) but no matter what i do, it stays white :cry:

update: its only the color of the progress bar i want to change, not the rest of the loader, or the text.

Re: more preloader questions

Make sure the preloader color is not set in the HTML doc like this:

fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xff00ff");

If so, delete that line.

Felix Turner
SimpleViewer Support Team.

its not:) im able to change the color of everything except the progress bar,
when i put: fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xff00ff"); in the html, it changes the color of the whole preloader, the text and everything. i only want to change the color of the progress bar:) smile  not rest of the preloader.
DD

EDIT:

I sent you a PM with the picture of the loader Felix, since i cant post any urls here yikes

i want the white bar to be red, and the red line to be black, i know how to change the red line in the background, but not how to change the white progress bar to red. when i change MCbar that changes the background of the preloader aswell

got a solution for me Felix?

Before I bought Simpleviewer pro I bought another flash gallery that was called autoviewer , which didn't allow me to customize the preloader.

The whole reason why I bought Simpleviewer is that the documentation on the website lead me to believe that it was possible to customize the preloader completely. 

I am not a flash programmer - I am a photographer trying to build a website. The documentation is not clear enough on how to customize the predloader completely for someone who only has a basic idea of where to start.

Since I'm in a posistion where I have no choice but to buy a gallery I would really appreciate any help in fixing this.

thanks.

here is the html file, as you can see ut does not contai; fo.addVariable("preloaderColor", "0xff00ff");

<body>
<table width="955" border="0" align="center">
  <tr>
    <td><div align="center">
      <object classid="clsid&#58;D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase=****#version=7,0,19,0" width="955" height="75">
        <param name="movie" value="../header.swf" />
        <param name="quality" value="high" />
        <embed src="../header.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="******" width="955" height="75"></embed>
      </object>
    </div></td>
  </tr>
</table>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<div id="menue">
  <script webstyle4>document.write&#40;'<scr'+'ipt src="review/xaramenu.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>'&#41;;document.write&#40;'<scr'+'ipt src="images/nav/contact.js">'+'</scr'+'ipt>'&#41;;/*img src="images/nav/Contact.gif" moduleid="Default &#40;Project&#41;Contact_off.xws"*/</script>
</div>
<div align="center">
  <table width="955" height="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
    <tr align="left" valign="top">
      <td width="6"><br /></td>
      <td width="952" height="30" colspan="3" align="left" valign="top"><h2 align="center">
        <object classid="clsid&#58;D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="***#version=7,0,19,0" width="955" height="565">
          <param name="movie" value="viewer.swf" />
          <param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="BGCOLOR" value="#000000" />
          <embed src="viewer.swf" width="955" height="565" quality="high" pluginspage="*****" bgcolor="#000000"></embed>
        </object>
      </h2></td>
    </tr>
  </table>
</div>
<div align="center">
  <table border=0 cellpadding=0 cellspacing=0 width=734>
    <tbody> 
      <tr> 
        <td>      <div align="center"><font color="#FFFFFF" size="1" 
      face="Verdana,Geneva,Helvetica">&copy; 2007 <a href="mailto&#58;**********?subject=contact"><u>******************</u></a>. All rights reserved.</font></div></td>
    </tr>
    </tbody> 
  </table>
</div>
</body>
</html>

a little help plz?

It's hard to know what is going on in your FLA without looking at the files. Did you make any modifications to the code? Try reverting back to the original FLA.

Also try removing the code on lines 12-15 in the 2nd frame of the main timeline.

Felix Turner

HI Felix

[img]http://www.student.uit.no/~paalde/games/aw/datas/users/373-loader.jpg[/img]
this is what the first loader looks like after i changed the source file(fla)

[img]http://www.student.uit.no/~paalde/games/aw/datas/users/373-loader2.jpg[/img]
this is what the loader looks like after the first one has loaded(i guess its  a loader for the first picture or something), this is also what happens if i change the color in the html file,  the code below  is not in my html file atm, since this seems to change the color of the whole preloader and not just the loader bar.

fo.addVariable&#40;"preloaderColor", "0xff00ff"&#41;;

[img]http://www.student.uit.no/~paalde/games/aw/datas/users/373-loader3.jpg[/img]
this is what i wish my loader looks like, i dont know if its possible to insert this loader into the fla, as this checks if the whole movie is downloaded.

The only stuff i have changed in the .fla file is the library files, code is untouched.

I dont know if what i want is possible, all i want to change is the loading bar, and not the rest of the loader, best thing would be if i can use my old preloader.

I tried removing those lines in the .Fla but it didnt change anything

DD

plz felix i need an asnwer here :cry:

Sorry, I can't be of much help here. Styling the preloader is just a matter of editing the relevant symbols in the library. I can't walk you through a basic flash tutorial. Did you try starting from scratch?

Felix Turner

I think i have worked it out now. ill post how i did it when i get it 100%